I can't believe March is already over!
This month has gone by so fast! I guess its because we have been so busy!
Last week, we had a zone conference and a missionary day at the temple.
It's always fun to see some of the boys we served with in Gisborne!
Most of them have gone home now, but there are a few left!
Our trip to Hamilton was a bit foggy....
Fall is definitely in the air. We had frost this morning!
I am NOT looking forward to the cold weather again!
My bones don't like the damp cold weather in New Zealand!
It will be nice to go home to 100 degrees of HOT, dry St. George sun!
I'm going to just soak it up!!
President Lekias had all of the missionaries gather around Elder Gubler to sing
Happy Birthday to the OLD MAN!
Yep, he joined me in the fifties club!
I can't believe we are 50!
It seems like yesterday that we were 12....
well... maybe 40! Ha!
We met the couple who has been serving in the Cook Islands for the first time.
The Cook Islands was taken out of the New Zealand mission for awhile.
It was just barely added back into our mission.
It was so fun to meet Elder and Sister Belliston.
They have only been married for five years.
It sounds like they had a lot of success in the Cook Islands.
The Bellistons are on their way home....
they are going to tour the country for 2 weeks and then fly home to SLC.
We visited Mark and Jo and their children for the first time this week....
Mark is a bouncer at a local bar.
Jo wants to be a fighter! She's a tough little gal!
We had a lot of fun visiting with them!
Hope we can get them back to church:)
Don and Marie Ormsby invited us over for dinner on Lonne's birthday.
They fixed a roast beef with all the trimmings...
Don is the funniest guy. He keeps us laughing!
Marie just smiles at his sarcastic humor...
she is such a sweetheart!
I made Lonne a big huge yummy carrot cake....his favorite!
Marie had 50 candles to put on the top...
We had a great time.
Don had taken Lonne fishing in the Tongariro River earlier in the day
for his birthday. And as usual...they didn't catch anything! Ha!
Don reminds me so much of my dad!
He's gonna be a hard nut to crack, but we're hoping to re-activate this couple!
Happy Birthday Elder Gubler!!!
Marie even bought sparkling grape juice for the occasion:)
P-Day
One more day on the river!
This is the cutest bridge! It's not far from our house in the Waitahanui River.
Oh my goodness...it is so gorgeous on the trails going up this river!
It doesn't even matter if we catch any fish, cuz it's just so pretty!
The water is crystal clear and it looks like paradise!!
My Happy Fisherman...
He's getting good at his casting (fly fishing)
But he's having a heck of a time catching a fish!!
I was sitting on the banks of the river while Lonne fished...
I could hear the strangest bird sounds!
I looked up in the tree above me and there was a Tui bird (the New Zealand bird)
It was chomping away on the berries. It has the most unique sound!
Can you see his little white puff ball on his chin?
They are beautiful! I wish I could have gotten a better camera shot!
I got right under him and he didn't even care...
he just kept chomping away at his berries and making his weird noises!
Well another month has come and gone!
I've been counting fast Sundays since we got here....
We only have ONE fast Sunday left in New Zealand!
That just seems crazy!!
I'm trying really hard not to get trunky....
This has been the most amazing experience for us! I wouldn't trade it for anything...
but I'll have to admit, when June 1st comes, I will be ready go home to see my babies!
All eight of them....including the three new babies...
Oh...I can't wait to kiss them all!!!!




3 comments:
Its funny, I was talking to Mitch yesterday and saying how fast time and gone. It seems like just a few months ago you were on your way to the MTC. But I had to remind my self that us living 1400 miles away from any family probably is the reason. I'm sure it has been YEARS for Gretch and Lex to not have you so close. and I'm sure Dave and Dev are READY to have Lonne back on the farm....... I have loved to read your e-mails and blog posts. I know I'm not good at writing back but with SKYPE it leaves me with not a whole lot to write you. Sorry. I have to admit the last couple blog posts you have done have made me a little sad, for you guys. I kinda get a knot in my throat thinking you are almost done. I can only imagine the bitter sweet feelings you guys are having nearing the end of such a wonderful life changing experience. We are so excited to have Mom and Dad back home or at least to see you in person again. Malia is so excited to go to Disney land and fishing with you guys! We are so proud of everything you have done and accomplished the last 16 months! We love you!!!!!!!
Such cute pictures of Kirby!!! :)
Hi Nancy and Lonne! We missed you at the wedding yesterday! You were definitely on our minds and I especially thought of Lonne at the luncheon when I remembered how tender he was about Lexie at her wedding luncheon. You two are the best. I love all the posts and can't wait to hear your homecoming. It's not too far away!! Love, Annie
Post a Comment