Saturday, January 29, 2011

So Long- Farewell!


Getting Set apart...
Sunday night, January 23rd.
Saying our final good-byes to family and my girl friends! A very teary night!
President Frei and President Ence came over to set us apart.
Pres. Frei gave both of us very special blessings. 
Ready or Not.....Here we Go!!! 
Ohhhhhh I love these kids!!!! 

 Lonne and I with our cute parents

  Our family...complete with Mitch, Robyn and Malia on the computer (Skype!)
We had them on Skype while President Frei gave us our blessings.
So glad they could be there with us!
 Sandra, Gretchen,Belle, Phoebe, Nancy, Lonne, Tracy, Deana, Debbie, Lisa
Gretchen made each one of us the CUTEST book to keep in our purses!  It is a picture book of years and years of good times we have had together! On the front cover it says:
Friends till the End
We may be far away, but never far from thoughts!

And on the back cover it says:
Whether near or far, memories will stay that will last forever!



Our Farewell
January 26th....Our Mission Farwell!! I can't believe how fast it came!  
Everything went really well, even through all the tears! We were so overwhelmed when we saw the size of the congregation.  It went all the way back to the stage! I wish I could have talked to everyone who came to support us, but there just wasn't any way to to that! 
We are so blessed to have so many supportive friends and  family! 
I lead the Primary children in the song, "I Know that my Savior Loves Me"
It was my last time leading the music...it was so sweet, and made me cry.
Lonne started to cry before the meeting even got started.  His mom kept telling him to take deep breaths! It was so cute! I love my tenderhearted man! 
It was an emotional meeting.  Looking down at our family in the front and seeing our little Cameron bawling into his daddy's suit coat just set me over the top!
Some times I wonder...WHY are we doing this?
And then I remember.....
We are doing this because of the abundance of blessings we have been given.
Three healthy beautiful children...
The best son in laws, and daughter in law anyone could ever ask for...
and five (almost six) of the most beautiful, healthy grandchildren in the world!
It's time to pay back! 

After our mission farewell, Gretchen and Dave threw a huge party at their house! It was so nice of them!  We had over a hundred people throughout the day...the food was yummy and it was so fun to see all of our friends and family! I am still waiting to get more pictures from my kids, but I am posting the ones I had.  It was a bitter-sweet day! 
Gretchen G and Dave
Ty, Lexie, Gretchen, Amber, Jen
Rich, Lon, and Bonnie
Haylee, John, Jen, LeAnn, and Amber
Bonnie, Me, Sherie, Gretchen G, and Jen

Lon and Laura
The Pierce Fam...Laura, Jen, Me, Mom and Carolanne
BJ, Amber, John, Danny, Debbie, Tracy, and Dean
Lexie, Haylee, Dennis, Sheila, and Dave hard at work!
Belle, Me, and Gretchen 
Dave, Gretchen, Lexie, Devan, and Tired Ty!
Lonne's Mom and Dad
Clayton and Cami
Lonne and I with Cam and Abbie
Tom and Lisa
Corby, Devin, and Austin
Dave, Bart, Sue and yummy food!

Lon and my Mom
 Some of my best friends in the whole world!
Gretchen, Deana, Phoebe, Me, Tracy, Kris, Debbie
 Lisa was too late for the group picture!
 Me and my cute daughter
 Me and my girls
 If we look like we don't have on any make-up...we don't...we had cried it all off!

 Saying good-bye one more time at Gretchen's house...just hangin' out!
Nancy, Phoebe, Leslie, Dena, Sandra, Debbie, Lisa, Tracy, Belle. Gretchen
 Dinner with LeAnn and Bonnie...I LOVE these ladies!





5 comments:

LeAnn said...

Dear Lon & Nanc
Your pictures and emails from the MTC are so cute! I can't believe that it's already time for you to fly out. You will make such a difference to the people in New Zealand and they will love you! I miss you already but I have to admit that I look forward to your letters so much that I think I will enjoy the next 18 months as much as you will. Good luck, be safe, and know that you are always in my prayers! Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Loved loved loved your update - I am glad you told me this morning that you did it. It was fun to chat with your for a minute before you left!! Wish you the best of times!
Just remember to breath and enjoy!!Love ya my friend!!

the glendenning family said...

Love the Cute Pics! I'm so excited for all your updates. Doug and I are already planning our visit to New Zealand. Love ya....

stefanie said...

oh my goodness Nancy!
I'm just sitting here scrolling through all of these pictures bawling my eyes out!!!
SO excited for you guys and your adventure in New Zealand though!
Reagan's feeling a little jealous ;) Maybe we'll have to come with my mom and dad to visit!

Chesley's said...

Love the pics Nancy! You will be missed, but so happy for you guys! Take care!