I'm trying to catch up on our blog before we leave for New Zealand! It's been such a busy holiday, and the last thing I wanted to do was sit down and load pictures on the computer! We have been so busy with Mitch and Robyn here for two weeks, Christmas, New Years, Mission stuff, etc...The whole holiday feels like a whirl wind! 

A good party always starts in the kitchen!!! The holiday started with our annual Christmas Party at Gretchen's house. The food was yummy and the company is always the BEST! I had been sick in bed with the flu all day and didn't know if I was going to be able to go...at the last minute, I threw some jeans on and a sweat shirt, and headed over! I was in charge of the Pork Loin, so I knew I just had to get feeling better and go! Besides the fact that I NEVER miss a "Groupie" party! I felt much better once I got up and around! The thing I love about my friends is that we can just be "REAL" with each other. We all just say it how it is...and sometimes it's pretty blunt!
I never care what I wear...half the time we wear sweats to our parties. This time, a few dressed up a little more...but not me. I just wanted to be comfortable...which is exactly what I am around my girlfriends...COMFORTABLE! It feels so good to have such good friends! We can solve the world's problems when we're together even if it takes till all hours of the night (or morning). We can laugh, cry, fight, make up, bicker, argue, and love each other all at the same time. We're definitely a unique bunch of gals. I'm thankful every single day of my life for my girl friends. I am going to miss them sooooo much over the next 18 months! Lisa summed it up when she said, "Well Nancy, you just pave the way for all of us. You were the first to get married, first to have a baby, first to go to the temple, first to be a grandma, and now you're the first to go on a mission!" I don't know if I like being the first, but I hope they know I am expecting them to follow my lead on this one!!!
Nancy, Kim, Kris, Lisa
Hanging out
Two of my best friends forever..Debbie and Tracy
Back to front L to R: Nancy, Debbie, Julie, Kim, Kris, Deana, Tracy, Sandra, Belle,
Lisa, Phoebe, Gretchen, and Leslie



2 comments:
Aaaww this made me sad!! I just can't imagine having a party without you!! Let's hope the groupie can come visit you in NZ !!
I love ya Nance and I am going to miss you so much!!
ditto to trac!this brought a tear to my eye:( not sure what we're going to do without you for 18 months friend. Love you Nanc
Post a Comment