Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

These three kids make me the proudest MOM today, on Mother's Day.
Gretchen is the sweetest mommy to my beautiful grandkids. She always has them spit-polished clean, with their hair done up in curls and bows. I often feel bad for Gretchen, because I was in the learning stage with her. I was such a young mother, that I had to use her as my guinnea pig. All I can say, is I must have done SOMETHING right along the way, because she is a wonderful mommy. It is so fun to sit back and watch her as she learns through trial and error as I once did.
When I see her say things that I said to my kids, it makes me smile. I don't know if she's ever chased her kids with the wooden spoon yet....but that's because she has Dave at home all the time to help her. Lonne was gone 3/4 of my kids' childhoods, and I went crazy way too often! Ha! Part of me misses those days, and part of me is SO GLAD to be where I'm at now!!


Mitch called me this morning and said," Has Lexie or Gretchen called yet?" I said, "No, not yet!" He then continued to say, "GOOD... I won! Make sure you tell them I was first to call you!"
Life is always a tease with this kid. I never know when to take him serious or not. He loves to "Get" me!! And believe me...he GETS me all the time!! He taught me to eat my words when I said I would never let my kid have a snotty nose! He was the king of snot when he was a kid...allergic to EVERYTHING!! He taught me alot of things....I am so thankful to have him as my little boy (Oh-yeah, he's a man now! ) I am so proud of him, for so many things. Especially for the sweet husband he is. I'm proud of him when I see him buy Robyn gifts for little occasions. He learned well from growing up with girls!! He is going to be such a cute daddy, I can tell by the way he treats Gretchen's kids. He loves them so much.

My little Lexie (Lu) is just on her way to being a mother. I love to hear her say things she "WILL NEVER" do as a mom. I just smile! I can't wait to see her in action. ...to see if she's really as strict as she thinks she will be, Ha! The other kids always accused me of favoring Lexie because she was the baby. I always said they all got spoiled. Gretchen for being the oldest, Mitch for being the only boy, and Lexie for being the baby. I don't think any of them ever lacked any attention! I am so proud of Lexie for the beautiful woman she has become...for the little mommy she is preparing to be....for the attentive wife she is to Devan, etc. She will always be my baby....that's just how it is!!!

I love you, my three kids. Thank you for making me the proudest Mother ever.

2 comments:

Dana said...

You are such a cute mom and grandma! I just think the world of your Gretchen!

Jennifer L said...

What a cute post. You are such a good mom, and your kids are lucky to have you. I am lucky to have you for my sister. I love the wooden spoon story. Oh the things we learn from OUR moms. Hope you had a fun Mother's Day. Love you!