Sunday, October 11, 2009

Malia Lani...Our Little Dimple Doll is Here!


Lonne and I flew to Iowa on Thursday because the baby was due on the 14th, Robyn's mom and dad were leaving on a cruise, and we were hoping to be there for the birth of our new granddaughter. Mitch also had tickets to the Iowa-Michigan game on Saturday, and wanted his dad to go to the big game with him. The timing couldn't have been more perfect!
Robyn's water broke early Saturday morning, she had the baby at 10:03 am and the boys were still able to go to the game that afternoon! (The stadium was right across the street from the hospital) It was so fun to be there with Robyn when she delivered the baby. She weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. and was 20 inches long. She is so healthy and beautiful and we are so blessed to have her in our family! They named her Malia Lani Gubler (Lani pronounced Lonne). Grandpa Lonne will be flying home tomorrow (Monday) and I will stay till Friday to help Robyn and love on my new grand baby. Grandma is in her glory!!! It is so fun to see Mitch and Robyn as parents. Mitch is so proud of his little girl. He wants her all dolled up! When some friends came to visit, he ran up stairs and got her little headband, he hurried and put it on her before he answered the door! It was so cute...I didn't say anything, but I noticed!! Good job Mitch! That's what being raised as the only boy in a family of girls will do to ya! Mom was proud! Robyn is a "Natural" at being a mommy..she is doing such a good job, she doesn't need me, but I'm sure having fun helping anyway! The aunties at home (Gretchen and Lexie) are going crazy, they want to see their new little niece so bad. Thank goodness for picture phones, Facebook and blogs!
Welcome to our family, Malia! We already love you so much!

Malia sucking her thumb right after her birth!
This picture of her dimple doesn't show how deep it is...I couldn't get the camera to take the picture fast enough to catch it in it's fullness! Her dimples are sooooo cute! They're just like her daddy's!

Grandma and Grandpa are so happy they were there for the birth!

Little Malia getting ready to go home from the hospital


Mitch and Lonne at the Hawkeye game...freezing!!! Brrrrrrrrrr!


10 comments:

Melanie Spendlove said...

Congrats to the whole Gubler Clan. You are a lucky grandma to be able to be there for the birth and to spend time with the little family!!! Have fun and enjoy!!!

Bonnie said...

Have so much fun with little Malia . I am sure you will be a Huge help to Mitch and Robyn. She is a darling little pink bundle. Love the dimples!

erica said...

congrats to mitch and robyn. dying over that dimple!

Lexie said...

Oh I just love her! I'm so jealous you get to be there with her and love on that new little baby...smell her for me. I miss Ty's newborn smell. Thanks for all of the pictures! Love you!

the glendenning family said...

Congrats...What a little doll. So cute a Thumb sucker and got dimples. Give her a kiss from us! Can't wait for the cousins to all play.(Linley,Ty, Whitney and now Malia...) Ty has scored big time with all these girls!

Courtney said...

Those dimples are to die for! Congrats! How fun!

Kyler and Hillary said...

oh my goodness! She is seriously soo soo cute! I have to say that dimple is just to die for, and i am jealous :) I wanted Livy to have dimples so bad...hopefully at least one of my babies have them You guys are the best grandparents! So cute!

Phoebe said...

so darling! i bet you are having so much fun! congrats to all of you!

Gretchen said...

Oh I love that little girl!! Wish I could be there with her, too!! I want to see those dimples in there fullness!! Darling little girl! I can't wait to hold her and kiss on her!

MKSIMS said...

Such a cute little grandbaby! And so lucky it worked out for you to be there for the birth. That cracks me up about Mitch putting the bow on - Mark would never think to do that! Two new babies - you must be in heaven!