I Love doing things at the spur of the moment! We woke up this morning and watched the weather and decided to jump in the car and head to Zion to hike Angels Landing. We have been wanting to do it all summer, but it's just toooooooo HOT! Today was 70 degrees, a light breeze, and not a cloud in the sky! It was absolutely beautiful to say the least. We got up to the part with the chains, and Lonne started to chicken out on me! I said, "Are you KIDDING? We have come this far, we are going to the end!" So I MADE him go the rest of the way! He HATES heights and he was nervous about me the whole time. He thinks I have NO FEAR, and it drives him crazy!! We had so much fun today. I love last minute planning, love hiking, love being with my hubby, and love the beautiful views in Zion. We live in the most amazing place in the world, and we take it for granted most of the time. This was our first time hiking Angel's Landing clear to the top! It's 40 minutes from our house and we have never hiked it...isn't that crazy? We vowed that we would not take our beautiful scenery for granted any longer. I am taking him on the Observation Point hike next week, while our $25 pass is still valid into Zion! Gotta get our money's worth!! Ha! What a GREAT day!
No, I'm NOT grabbing Lonne's crotch in this picture! We are laughing at the guy who took the picture! He took one of the pictures upside down! It was hilarious!
2 comments:
Fun! I have never hiked Angel's Landing either. I do take the beauty around me for granted. I don't think my kids have ever even been to Zion's... You have inspired me to take them very soon!
We hiked Angel's Landing for the very first time last October, and we loved it too! The only problem was we were there on UEA weekend and it was way to crowded which made the chain part even more scary. I agree with you that we need to enjoy the beautiful scenery around here more. We are in for a hike next time you are looking for some tag-a-longs!
Love ya, Debbie
Post a Comment