Wednesday, September 8, 2010

SeNiOr MiSsiOnAriEs?



Well the word is out...so I will explain how it happened.  A couple of weeks ago, we got a call from the stake presidency to come in on Sunday morning.  I immediately thought Lonne was getting a new calling.  Lonne thought the stake president just wanted to visit with us and check up on us to see how things were going....We were both not only wrong, but completely blind to what was about to take place!  He chatted with us for awhile, asking us how we were, how the kids were, etc...
then he dropped the bomb...
"I AM CALLING YOU ON A MISSION!"  
You might as well have hit me over the head with a sledge hammer!  Lonne and I looked at each other and started crying!  We had no clue that's what was coming!He told us a few of the details and then said, "I'm not asking you to go home and think about this, I am asking you to go home and get your things in order, talk to your kids, and get you papers in asap!" So we took a huge leap of faith, got right into the doctor, dentist, mammogram, blood work, and got our papers in last Sunday. 
Now we are waiting to hear where our adventure will be for the next 18 months!
Our kids are excited and think it will be the best thing for us...we are a little more hesitant, knowing how little both of us know about the gospel, but we're never too old to learn, so we're taking the challenge!
If you know me very well, you know I don't deal with change very well.  I also have anxiety to beat the band, especially when it comes to being separated from my kids!  I had to go on medication when Mitch left on his mission!  Seriously, I am a basket case when it comes to this kind of thing!  I was the kid who cried when I slept at people's houses and had to have my mom come get me in the middle of the night! I out grew that.... I cried on my honeymoon because I didn't want to leave my mom and friends!  I cried every Sunday when Mitch was gone, I cry when I even think about leaving my grand kids...So please PRAY FOR ME!!! I am going to need all the prayers I can get!!  I'm excited and scared, but it will be an adventure, and I know we're going to love it.  We have lot's of studying to do!! We have about 30 years to make up for!! I guess this is what we get for getting married so young, having children so young, and being so complacent with life lately....WOW....that's all I have to say.  Watch out all of you couples out there enjoying the empty nest!  Your turn is coming!!! If they can call us, in our forties, the rest of you a little older and wiser than us, better be getting ready!! 

6 comments:

Taisha Anne said...

Oh my goodness Nancy that is so awesome and totally crazy at the same time!! We will pray for you and you're cute little family will get blessings while you are gone! We love you!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys! We seriously are so EXCITED to find out where you will be going! Gosh the anticipation is killing us I can only imagine what it is doing to you. You better skip with us when you open your calling we want to be there like everyone else!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

SKYPE***

OCDesigner ~Athella said...

Nancy I think you and Lonne will be such awesome missionaries. You are such a cheeleader of life and so much fun. How could you be anything but perfect for a job like that? Congrats on another chapter!!! Love ya Athella

Unknown said...

how awesome is that!!! So, is that why Lexie and Dev are moving in?? haha. So COOL. You will do great. It will be a good change and so wonderful to have your hubby there with you every day and step!!!

Melanie Spendlove said...

I am so excited for you. I'm also glad it's you and not me :) You and Lonne will do a wonderful job and touch so many lives in such a positive way. You can count on the prayers for the anxiety - I'm all over that for ya! Please post where you are called on here and FB! So many people are anxiously awaiting the call!! Good luck and God bless both of you!! Love ya!!!