It wasn't really my turn to have Bunko, but since I am going to be gone for the next 18 months, I decided to let my friend, Gretchen off the hook for December, and I threw a "Favorite Things" Bunko!
It started with a little note on their e-mails...
(You have to sing this!)
Raindrops on roses & whiskers on kittens
bright copper kettles & warm woolen mittens
brown paper packages tied up with string
these are a few of my favorite things
NOT!
Those are not MY favorite things!
(Especially the Kittens! I HATE cats!)
Start over...
Bunko & Girlfriends & cold Dr. Pepper
Mountains, & skiing, & Lake Powell in September
Big Hunks & Movies & I LOVE to sing!
These are a few of MY favorite things!
The only thing better than Bunko night, is December Bunko night in Pajamas!
I ordered everyone a pair of silver slippers as a little "favor"
We had fun taking pictures of our new slippers!
Luckily, the slippers all fit!
Here is one of the tables...the slippers were wrapped up and standing on the plates.
I served some of my favorite stuff for dinner...
Pork Loin with home-made carmel apple sauce,
Mandarin orange & craisin green salad,
Alfredo potatoes with swiss cheese on top,
Fall squash with butter and brown sugar,
and of course...
Orange rolls!
Tracy and Sherie posing with their plates...
The Kitchen table with all it's bling...
Bling is also one of my favorite things...
After dinner we all exchanged gifts. Everyone had wrapped up their favorite things.
I gave my favorite movie and treats.
Just to name a few....
I received a darling cake plate from my sister, Jen.
She has a fetish for cake plates.
I can't wait to use it!
There was such a variety of stuff:
Ribbons and bows
Favorite book
"Krave" gift certificate
Sees Chocolates
Munchies
Quilt
My friend Lora (who loves cats and knows how bad the rest of us hate them)
wrapped up a stuffed kitty that really purrs and meows! I'm glad I didn't get the cat! Ha!
It was a really fun night.
All week, I was racking my brain to try to come up with
"My very FAVORITE THING"
It's hard to narrow it down.....
So I thought I'd jot down a few of
"MY FAVORITE THINGS"
Favorite Movie: The Sound of Music
Favorite color: Yellow
Favorite destination: Kauai
Favorite song: (Oh, there's sooo many!) Probably Miss American Pie by Don McLean
Favorite Food: Medium Rare Prime Rib with a Sweet Potato
Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper
Favorite Candy: Big Hunk or Banana Laffy Taffy
Favorite Munchie: Wheat Thins with Cream Cheese and Jalapeno jelly
Favorite time of year: Spring
Favorite hike: Observation Point at Zion
Favorite car: My black Lexus IS 350 (I just love that little car!)
Favorite TV show: Sports (I've been brain-washed by the best!) and "The Office"
Favorite things to do: Spending time with my hubby and kids, kissing on my grand-babies, skiing, hiking, doing Zumba, going to games (any sport!), listening to music, going to movies, hearing my primary kids sing their hearts out till it gives me the goose bumps, & I LOVE to laugh so hard it hurts! :)
Those are a few of MY FAVORITE THINGS!!
And Below... You will see my
VERY FAVORITE THINGS!!






11 comments:
Just so you know, you are one of my FaVoRite friends!! Cute post (and not just because I am in it ha ha) The party was so much fun and the food was delicious. I think we need to change your name to Martha Stewart II - you are quite the entertainer !! I love ya Nance and know that I am not counting down to January 24th - you are going to be missed SOOO much!! Thanks for everything!!
Way fun Bunko Nancy you are too creative and your grandkids are stinkin' cute!!
So cute. I love the Favorite Things theme! The slippers are darling and the food sounds delicious!
You are such a class act! Thank you for the amazing meal, cute slippers, and making us always feel so welcome in your home. I honestly don't know how we will do Bunko without you. I miss you already.
Darling post Nancy!!! Your Bunko girls aren't going to know what to do without you... you throw the best (and prettiest) parties! You have the cutest little grandkids...I hope they have tickets to New Zealand in their Christmas stockings...And, you do a great job in Primary! You're so great with the kids!!!
Weeeee I was the lucky winner of your favorite things!..isn't it fun that friends think alike?...you're favorites are mine too! Thanks for the amazing Bunko Nancy! I LOVE that my plate is so OVERloaded! geesh! Seriously, when food this yummy is served EAT UP ladies!! Love ya Nancy...will miss you, but like everything else..the time will go quickly!
Oh...CUTE POST!!! WHat a fun Bunko!! Of coarse it was perfect...the food and the decorations!! Now...I need you to come and do mine for Tuesday night!!
You really know how to throw a party!!
I have truly missed out not being part of your Bunko group. It looked like another one of your amazing parties. Oh well, they don't get you at the gym. Lucky me! Love ya.
I have truly missed out not being part of your Bunko group. It looked like another one of your amazing parties. Oh well, they don't get you at the gym. Lucky me! Love ya.
Fun Bunko and a great post! Dr. Pepper is one of my favorite things too! In fact, I am drinking it right now as I type this!
Post a Comment