Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thank Goodness for the Badge!

Lonne and I have been craving a salad sooooo bad!  They don't eat salads here in New Zealand! We haven't been able to find a salad bar anywhere! Last night, we were out driving down the road to visit a less active family, and we spotted a salad bar in the local Pizza Hut.  We decided to try it out today for lunch.  We were disappointed to find out that it was an illusion...no salad, just pasta and pizza at the bar....so...we ordered a Large Hawaiian Pizza.  It was the best deal and we figured we could take the left overs home.  They brought us the pizza,  and we soon discovered that the LARGE was  equivilant to a SMALL Pizza at home.  So....no left overs for us. After we scarfed the pizza down, Lonne spotted an ice-cream bar with some brownies next to the bar. He came walking over to the table with a brownie...I said, "I hope you were planning on buying the ice cream bar, because you are wearing the name of Jesus Christ on your suit!" He laughed and said he was planning on paying for it!  So....as he was paying for HIS ice-cream, I walked over to and filled up the bowl with a little ice-cream, chocolate sauce, nuts, and a brownie.  I grabbed a spoon and had a few bites of his ice-cream.  A minute later, the waiter walked up to our table and rudely said, "You need to pay for that!" I told him that we had already paid.  He said, "No, you've paid for ONE, and you need to pay for two!" I quickly explained that we were only going through the bar once, and I had just taken a couple of bites of his ice-cream." He wasn't havin' it! He said, "NO you need to pay for two.  Two people...pay for two!"We said, "That's fine we'll pay for two. No problem."  So we sat there...both of us were fuming, but neither one said a word. 
Then, Lonne looked at me and said,
 "Can you hold my badge for a second while I open up a can on this guy!!" 
We laughed so hard, the people in the Pizza Hut all turned and looked at us!  We left a little ice-cream in the bowl, and paid for two servings as we left the restaurant.  I don't think Pizza Hut in Gisborne is gonna be seeing our faces or our badges any time soon! Ha! 
(Sorry Gretchen and Doug!)

5 comments:

Lexie said...

haha I have to admit I've never had a great experience at Pizza Hut. I'm disappointed every time. That is pretty funny cuz I can totally picture the whole thing!

Gretchen said...

Haha!! Hope the ice cream was well worth it!! And that that brownie was yummy!! I can just see you guys both sitting there fuming!! Ha! That is funny!

Debbie Parker said...

Love the story. I was just waiting to read that you got free food because of your badge. Sorry to see that the badge doesn't mean the same in New Zealand as it does in St. George.

Phoebe said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha:) the visual of that is AWESOME! yeah no more patronizing that establishment!

Jennifer L said...

This story cracks me up. I was seriously laughing out loud. Go Lonne. You just open up a can on that guy. Wow! Don't you DARE go back!