Monday, July 4, 2011

More Missionary Moments.....

 It's the fourth of July at home...everyone is at the fireworks as I am posting this blog. 
We had our appointment cancel at the last minute, so we had an hour to kill! 
It is rainy and cold outside...a far cry from what the fourth of July should feel like!  
My brain will not comprehend that it is winter in July! 
It's really funny how your brain gets used to things being the same year in and year out....
I keep telling Lonne that it feels like Christmas!  
I was happy when the Gisborne 3rd Ward helda Christmas in July party this week!  
It felt so RIGHT to me!! 
Everyone brought a favorite Christmas treat to share.  
We had a BUSY BUSY day, so I wasn't able to make a treat like I had planned.  
It was a fun little party...
fun to see how the Maoris celebrate Christmas.....
Refreshing to see how simple it can be. 
Why do we make life so complicated at home?
Some of the ladies in the ward....
The little girl in this picture is my "BUDDY" she comes and hugs me & sits on my lap
whenever I am at their ward.  She's so sweet....I could eat her up!


Elders Batsagan, Jenkins, Cannon, Fiu, Hughes, Gubler, and Keyes
Zone meeting in the parking lot of the church....
All the BOYS ready to head out to "Save Souls!" Ha!
Such good boys...all of them! 

 We went to Whai's soccer game on Saturday.  He is one of the little boys we are teaching, 
and will be getting baptized soon.  The ball field is right by the beach... 
it was a COLD, WINDY, RAINY day! Lonne leaned over to me and said,
"I don't think I would even do this for my OWN kids!"
Ha! But I know he would!
As we were walking into the games, and everyone turned to look at us,
Lonne also said," I feel like it's Halloween, and we're dressed up like missionaries!"
I got a good laugh out of that one!
 It was lots of fun to watch Whai.  
It felt like we were at one of our grandkids' games.  
We're so glad we are able to do this kind of stuff!!!


MORE BAPTISMS!! 

Mikaere and BJ are buddies.  They are in different wards, 
but have both been receiving the missionary lessons.  
We have taught Mikaere since the very beginning.  
This is our first baptism where we have been the teachers from beginning to end.
We usually help the Elders, or they help us, but Mikaere's mom wouldn't let the Elders
teach him. We never could figure out why...but we enjoyed teaching him by ourselves;)
We have been taking Mikaere to church with us every week for about 5 weeks.
He's such a great kid...we have really grown to love him!

BJ was taught by Elders Cannon and Fiu.  It was so fun that it worked out
for these boys to get baptized on the same day!  It made it more special for both of them!
 Elder Fiu, BJ and Elder Cannon


 
Mikaere with Elder& Sister Gubler

 BJ's grandma, Louise,  Cindy-BJ's mom, Jane-Mikaere's mom, Janet, Me, and Sharon
Friends and family at the baptism


 Birthday Party for Julianna
L to R- Charlee May, Amy, Silina, Julianna, Reg, Wendy, Me, Nara, and Charlee May's little guy!

Julianna is such a sweet-heart! We teach her husband, Reg...(LOVE him!)  
It was Julianna's birthday, so after her Zumba class at the church, 
we all went to McDonalds to celebrate!  
I made a banana cake with cream cheese frosting, we ordered burgers and fries...
WOW! 
Talk about an UN-HEALTHY way to finish off the night!
Lonne and Reg were the only men at the party, but they loved listening to all of us gab!
We were there for about 3 hours! Ha!

Another Great week in the New Zealand, Auckland Mission:)
Happy Fourth of July to everyone at home!!

6 comments:

LeAnn said...

Great pictures Nancy and it was so fun to talk to you yesterday! I miss you more then you know! We are so proud of the work you are doing!

Jennifer L said...

Miss you and love you. The pictures and emails are GREAT, keep up the good work. Love you tons.

Gretchen said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of all of you guys at McDonalds! You And dad are so cute! Cute that you went to that little guys soccer game! I bet that made him so happy! We missed you for the fourth of July, too...although it was different because we are out with Mitchand Robyn and Lex and Dev are home alone. The Christmas treats looked Yummy! You will have to get some of their recipes to share with us next Christmas. Did Dad baptize Mikare?? Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Fourth!!! I wish you could have been with us to celebrate, But I'm glad we could send you some little videos to help make you feel like you were with us!!!!! Love all the pictures and hope the winter isn't to cold. Miss and love you guys so so much!!!!!!!!!

jeni a. said...

Aunt Nanc you two look sooo good! I love hearing about you from my parents and through this little blog. I love you, I'm praying for you - you both are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Now that I am thinking about it, I think Kirby taught BJ when he was down in Gisborne! I was just reading a letter about this. So neat that he got baptized!:)