Monday, August 8, 2011

Rockin' it at ZuMbA!!!

(This post is for you, Debbie....my Zumba buddy!! Ha! I thought you'd get a kick out of it!)

Some ladies in our ward in Gisborne teach a Zumba class on Thursday nights at the stake center.
Well, I love Zumba, and when we got called on this mission, I was so worried they wouldn't have it in New Zealand!  When the teachers realized how many dances I knew, they asked me to start helping them teach!! Ha!  Seriously....I'm an old lady!  But this old lady got right up there and taught a few dances last week!! Lonne snapped a few (blurry) pictures!
To top if off, we got two new investigators from our Zumba class last week!


There's a kid in the ward (less active) that has a big stereo system....he comes and does the music for us every week!  I'm using Zumba as a missionary tool!  Yay!!!!

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

What a cute little Zumba instructor you are! I have to admit the cat thing grossed me out too!

Anonymous said...

Ha how fun! I need to go to Zumba. There is a gym/rec center in North Liberty who has it several mornings a week, I need to see how much it is and go. It looks like fun and i think the last time I went was with you last summer in St. George!

Debbie Parker said...

Love, Love, Love seeing you doing Zumba!!!! It looks like you still know all the moves. They know a good instructor when they see one. I can't do a single move without following someone--I can't ever remember what is next.