Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Anyone want some BBQ'd Lambs Tails??

Mmmmmmm....
Do they look good?  
The Lardelli's invited us to a barbecue....
Barbecued lamb's tails!
I was dying inside...thinking I was going to have to eat them!
Lonne helped cook them.
They smelled just like branding the calves....
burnt hair!
They just throw the tail on the fire-
wool and all!
Then after it is charred, they crack it open and eat the inside of the tail!
Ahhhhhhh!
Needless to say, I didn't eat them.  I just couldn't do it!
Luckily they had a few other things on the grill for us!
I was really sweatin' it for a while!!

  
Do they look yummy to you?
Well, they smelled even worse!

The Lardelli family
Lonne, Me, and the Lardelli's
Brother Lardelli's name is Loni, too.  He laughed so hard when he found out 
that Elder Gubler's name was Lonne. 
He said he always felt like the Johhny Cash song, "Boy Named Sue"! 
My Lonne is the only other Lonne that Loni Lardelli has ever met!
(That was a LOT of Lonne's in one paragraph!)

We were invited to two birthday parties this week...
First it was little Zoe's first birthday.
She's the cutest, chubbiest little baby! 
She is a clone of her daddy (in the back ground)!
We have lots of fun with the Stone family....
I just wish we could get them to go to church with us!


Lonne, Tom Stone, and Mahana
Tom Stone is the most spiritual man I have ever met.
He goes to church alone every week...it's sad.
 His wife is a non member, and his sons are less active. 
Lonne and Tom have gotten to be good buddies. 
Mahana is Tom's son...Zoe is his grand daughter.
EVERYONE in Gisborne knows Tom Stone, and LOVES him!
He is an amazing man.


 Our Stake President called and asked us if we could go to dinner last Friday because the Area Authority was in town and wanted to get together.  President Thompson and his wife are from Hamilton.  We had met his wife before, but it was so fun to meet President Thompson.  We had a great time! They are wonderful people.  His wife used to do the cooking at our zone conferences in Hamilton, and she is SUCH A GOOD COOK!!! The Lardelli's also joined us for dinner.  It was a fun night.

President Thompson, Loni Lardelli, President Walters, Elder Gubler
Sister Lardelli, Sister Walters, Sister Gubler, Sister Thompson

Another Birthday Party
Frances Burt invited over for lunch for her birthday.
We had Peter's smoked fish, sandwiches, salad, and I made a birthday cake.
We always enjoy our time with the Burts...they are GREAT people!
Frances, Peter, Lonne, and Louisa Henderson

 Frances LOVED the coconut cake I made for her!
It seems like this coconut cake recipe has been a HIT with everyone here! 

TRANSFERS 
Again!

Elder Leetham, Elder Cannon, Elder Mayer, and Elder White
They all got transferred except Elder Mayer...
But..
We got three AWESOME missionaries a day later!



 Goodbye to Elders Cannon, Leetham, and White

I have never seen such beautiful blossoms as they have here in NZ!!
There are blossoms everywhere!!! Every tree, bush, plant, etc....has blossoms right now.
The fun part is that the blossoms have stayed on for over a month, and we are still enjoying them!
We snapped some pictures of a FEW of them this week.
I have never seen so many blossoms and pretty flowers in all my life!


These leaves are PINK on this tree!  There are lots of them in town, and they are gorgeous!





Seriously...every bush in Gisborne has got flowers on it right now!




Date Night
We had a "Couples" Dinner at Breaker's Restaurant last Friday night.
We invited some of our new members, less actives, and non member friends.
It was a LOT of fun! We are going to do it again really soon!

Nara, Pena, and Tiff

To say that Mark is a surfer is an understatement!
We wanted to rip this sign off the wall so he could hang it up at his house!
 
Some of the people at the party....
Breakers Restaurant is right next to our hotel/apartment.
The food isn't that good, but the atmosphere is fun and everyone loved it!
Can't wait to get together again soon!

My Friends are the BEST!!!!
Debbie sent me this cute Zumba shirt a few weeks ago...
She and Mary (my Zumba buddies) have shirts just like it.  
I miss them and all of my gym buddies!

My girlfriends went to Lake Powell without me!  I know it just couldn't have been as fun! Ha!
We always get a "Twinsie" shirt, or nightie, or pajama pants....I was so excited when Gretchen sent mine to me in the mail!! I loved it!!! Thanks for not forgetting me, girls!!! I'll be there next year!  





4 comments:

Debbie Parker said...

LOVED all the pics!!! You look cute in our twinsy Zumba shirt. I can't wait until the three of us are wearing them together in Zumba class. I love all the blossoms--it is gorgeous!!!

Phoebe said...

love all your pictures!! It is so beautiful there:) So strange to have you in a different season than we are. You look like a beauty in all the pics! Missionary life does you well my friend! love you both!
p.s. that night shirt may be my fav since our Palm Springs one....I can even sleep in it:)and you are right...it wasn't near as fun without you:(

Anonymous said...

So many new pictures! The Lamb Tails look so nasty. I think I could smell them! Ha. I can't believe you are into spring, I'm actually really jealous that you are done with winter. I'm dreading the winter and it's coming REALLY fast. We miss you guys! Love you

Gretchen said...

Oh. My. Gosh...those lamb tails are disgusting!! Sick!! I really think that I can smell them too!!! They look just like they smell like branding...only worse!! I can't believe you didn't eat any of them! You look cute in you Zumba clothes and your "groupie" shirt! Love you!