Friday, September 30, 2011

I Had to go on a Mission to figure out.....

 (In no particular order)

 1. I definitely don't need a big house to be happy.
 2. Even though I don't like wearing a skirt every day....skirts are lots more comfortable than jeans.
 3. If you want to be self sufficient, Gisborne, New Zealand is the place to live. ANYTHING grows here, there are all the fish in the sea, hunting anytime and anywhere....it's a no brainer.
 4. Although Skype is awesome, it doesn't make up for the smell of, and wet kisses of my grand kids.
 5. I like reading the scriptures.
 6. My kids CAN and ARE getting along fine without their parents.
 7. The people you thought would write to you, don't.  The people you didn't think would, do.
 8. I love red mountains.
 9. Complete strangers can instantly become as dear to you as family.
10. Spending 24/7 with my husband is actually fun!
11. Laughing IS the best medicine.
12. Cafe Rio is a necessity.
13. When you belong to the LDS Church, you have friends wherever you go, immediately.
14. Flea bites itch way worse than mosquito bites.
15. Big government makes lazy lazy people.
16. I am so blessed!
17. Cows are just as fat (or fatter) living in the desert as they are eating beautiful, lush green grass..
18. Lonne and I share a brain.
19. I really love going to the salon to get a good cut and hair color.
20. How cheap food and gas are at home.
21. A warm house in the winter & a cool house in the summer are luxuries.
22. I'm really spoiled!
23. A Duck Down pillow is NOT the same as Goose Down....not even close!
24. I will never leave home without my pillow again!
25. Coke really can make me smile :)
26. How much I appreciate a cold Dr. Pepper over crushed ice!
27. Crushed ice is an American thing.
28. Two twin beds shoved together are NOT the same as a King sized bed.
29. Halloween needs to be in the Fall, not the Spring...it must be a mental thing.
30.

          To be continued as I think of things.....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute post my friend... I took the "no writing" to heart and will get you one written soon - so sorry to be a bad friend!! My life just stinks and nothing really to share or write about. I do think about you guys often!

Jennifer L said...

Ah love it! thanks so much for sharing your feelings. I love you and miss you so much. I love reading about all of your happenings. I love going to the salon to get a good cut and color too, I don't know HOW I would live without it! No way. I loved your thoughts, thanks for sharing. I hope I'm not on the bad writer list. Please tell me I'm not!!

Anonymous said...

Ah I've heard about those flea bites! Oucie! They do NOT look fun!

Phoebe said...

Love the list!! I like Tracy feel repentant! I always said it's a good thing I didn't have a missionary child I'm afraid I would never write:( I think about you all the time though, and will try harder! Amazing the things you really miss and the things that dont really matter! Love you cute missionaries! Have a great week!

LeAnn said...

What a cute post! We all have so many things we should be thankful for that we most of the time take for granted. I hope I'm not on the bad list for not writing very often. I do love you both and think about you often.

Melanie Spendlove said...

LOVE your post! Thanks for putting everything into perspective for the rest of us. We need to remember the important things too! I look forward to more inspiration.... you're the best!!!

Gretchen said...

Ok...ok... I KNOW that I am on the BAD WRITER list!! I am sorry!! I guess it comes down to...you either get me to Skype and call you...or you get letters. What would you rather have?? :). just a warning...it might only get worse after the baby! Haha!
I loved this post! Now have dad write hs things he has learned from the mission! He needs to journal too!!
Love you!

Lainee said...

Awesome post. Totally puts things in perspective. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I'll join Gretch on the bad writers list!! haha. I feel the same as Gretch though, we Skype and talk to you to often to have anything to write! We do love you though! We love to hear from you and all your posts on your blog. If dad starts writing I will promise to write back haha! I like Gretchen's idea, dad needs to write a list of the things he's learned on his mission, like who the he** James is and what he did haha. Love you and miss you! Malia can't wait to go fishing with grandpa!

The Ashtons said...

I love this!