Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas way back when....

This is one of my favorite pictures of Christmas when I was a little girl. My brother, "Buzz" was reading a Christmas story to me. I miss him every Christmas...Our family has never been complete since he was killed in a car accident at the young age of 22.
But...I have lot's of good memories....(and some not so good! Ha!) Christmas is a perfect time to reflect on the good memories and traditions we had and still keep in our family.

The things I loved the most about Christmas when I was a child....On Christmas Eve, we would sing Christmas carols around the piano while my mom played for us..... I loved our home-made Christmas stockings knitted for us by our grandmother, Santa had to stuff them full to overflowing because they STRETCHED!....I loved my mom's persimmon pudding with whipped cream...I loved snooping in my packages.... I loved going out in our station wagon to look at all the lights...I loved the neighborhood in Walnut Creek that had the Little Drummer Boy playing on a stereo system in their yards, they all had decorations to go with the song...I loved singing
"I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"... I loved our Family Christmas Dinner...etc....etc...etc...
Those are just a few of my earliest memories of Christmas. I could go on and on!
Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a darling picture and post!
Merry Christmas to you and your family! Here's to many more memories!!! Love ya, Tracy

Courtney said...

You can find the Shemergency Kit at www.flight001.com. It's a cute website that has tons of travel related items.