

I have a funny memory I wanted to journal...since David Osmond was the spotlight on American Idol last night, I had to jot this down! When David Osmond was in the play "Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat" in Vegas about 11 years ago, Jennifer and I took our girls down to see the show. It was our first time seeing it, and we absolutely loved it! Gretchen was 18 at the time and David was her age and preparing for his mission.... in fact the show we saw was his last show before his mission. Gretchen immediately fell in "LOVE" with him and wanted to meet him after the show, and she wouldn't give it up...but we thought it would be impossible.... we had no idea what she was drumming up! After the show a guy came out on the stage and announced for all people with "Special Passes" to come through the curtain on the left side of the stage. Without hesitation, Gretchen just stood up and headed down there and went through the curtain! We all just about DIED! Once she was back-stage, she had to show her "Pass" to go up an elevator to where David was....well, she didn't have a pass! I guess David's dad (Alan Osmond) could tell she wash bluffing, so he put his arm around her and said, "She's with me!" He took her up the elevator and introduced her to David! She was up there for a LONG time, while the rest of us were absolutely dying out in the foyer, wondering where she had gone! She is so funny!! Anyway, she was in her glory! That's MY GIRL...going after what she wants!!! She married "David" Terry while "David" Osmond was gone on his mission, and we always joke that Dave looks like he could be one of the Osmond boys!! Needless to say...we are cheering for David Osmond this season on American Idol!! We love American Idol, and I was glad the judges had good things to say about Utah. Utah really is making a name for itself on the map! Go David...Go Utah!!
9 comments:
so in all honesty...you are absolutely gorgeous Nancy! I seiously hope i look somewhat as good as you! I hope you know how pretty you are:)
Funny story! I agree...GO UTAH!
Go Gretchen! Great story! And congrats Nancy on being a grandma again. That's great news about Lexie!!!
I love David too. I'm hoping he goes far. So sad he has MS. Love the posts, the menopause trip/play looked like a blast. I want to see it sometime.
haha you are funny! K my husband LOVES peanut butter and bananas toasted to sandwhich!!! How funny I dont dare try it! The two together just dont sound right but he swears it is the BEST!!!
Cute posts lately. I am cheering for David too!! I hope they aren't to hard on him being an Osmond and all. Hey, I wanted to know if I could get your recipe for the Kalua Pork that Lexie served us at bunco awhile ago. It was so yummy and if I remember right, it was your recipe. I would have emailed you, but I don't have your address. Email me back at bkthill@hotmail.com if you don't mind. Thanks Nancy.
I came across your blog and had to smile on this post. I was just posting on my blog about David as well. I love American Idol and plan on voting for David as well. :)
God Bless and have a good night
Funny!! I haven't looked at your blog for a long time...I didn't even know that you had posted this!! I am still in love with him!! He is soooo cute!! That was funny that I got to go meet him, huh!! So sad about his MS!! He is too cute to have such a yucky disease!! Go DAVID!!
I am so sad he didn't make it! I was really loved him!
Post a Comment