

I LOVE spontaneous decisions! Saturday, we decided to throw the skis in the car, and head up north to ski for a few days and catch a Jazz game while we were up there. We ended up buying our Jazz tickets from scalpers, and they were AWESOME tickets...sixth row, center court, right behind the score table! I had Kyle Korver at eye level!! Loved it!
We skied one day at Park CIty, and one day at Snowbird...WOW! The weather was absolutely perfect, and the skiing was awesome! It's always fun to see the differences between our little Brianhead, and the larger resorts.
Here's how I summed it up:
Brianhead: Six slow lifts...easier, short and fun runs
Park City: Too many lifts to count....you could go all day and never ride the same lift twice!
The lifts are FAST which makes for LOTS more skiing!
Great runs with something for everyone.
Snowbird: Fast lifts, Awesome fast tram to the top of the world (well it looked like the top of the world!) Runs that are so long, we were pooped when we got to the bottom! 80% of the runs were double black diamond...too hard for me!
Brianhead: Tons of Snowboarders!
Park City: About 100 Skiers to 1 snowboarder
Snowbird: About 50 skiers to 1 snowboarder
Brianhead: Beanies, or head bands are the norm for head wear...very few helmets
Snowbird and Park City: Helmets only! EVERYONE wears helmets!
Brianhead: Average age of skiers varies but we are definitely getting into the older crowd!
Park City and Snowbird: At least 1/4 of skiers were over 65...some were at least 75 or 80, and they were skiing the double black diamond runs & blowing past us!!
Brianhead: One Lodge, decent food.
Park City: Nice lodges in various places all over the mountain
(how do they get the food up there?)
Snowbird: Nice lodges.. BAD food!
Brianhead: Lots of fun with tons of memories, not the best skiing,
but great fun for the money!
Park City: Great skiing, perfect for the whole family....can't wait to get back up there!
LOVED it!
Snowbird: Liked it, didn't love it...beautiful scenery, but not enough mediocre runs for skiers like me...definitely geared toward the pro skiers...which wouldn't include me!
Brianhead: I feel like we are pretty good skers at the end of the day...
Park City: I feel like we are pretty good skiers at the end of the day.
Snowbird: Felt like a total beginner compared to 90% of the people on the slopes!
We had SO much fun...I Can't wait to get back up on the mountain again...I don't care which one, I love 'em all! Oh, I almost forgot...On our way out of SLC, Lonne bought me some new skis and boots for my birthday which is coming up too soon!! He also bought HIMSELF some new skis and boots for HIS birthday coming up soon after mine! I can't wait to try them out!! I think we'll celebrate old age together up on the slopes!
6 comments:
I am NOT jealous of the skiing but I AM jealous you were so close to KYLE!!!
I'm jealous, I'll admit it! Looks like a great time.
I love the bra tee, it makes me laugh!
who is pendant lighting...do you know? I'm jealous and I hope me and Dev can do stuff like this together some day.
I have no idea who pendant lighting is!!!
I think it's a way to get people to shop at Pendant lighting! Ha! Sorry...it didn't work!
Post a Comment