October 10, last year...the day Malia was born, it was FREEZING cold, and snowing! This year, it was absolutely beautiful! Malia had on her summer clothes, and it was 87 degrees! That's Iowa for ya! Crazy! It was so fun to go to Malia's birthday party! Robyn had worked so hard making all the food and cakes before we got there! I felt guilty that I wasn't there to help her more! Malia has so many little friends...all babies of students in the dental program with Mitch, and they are all close to the same age. All girls, but one! There were babies crawling around everywhere! It was so cute!
We had a fast trip, just two days, but it was so much fun spending time with our little girl! She has the FUNNIEST personality! She is walking all over the place now...or I should say she is RUNNING all over the place now. She never stops! This little girl never sits still for one second!
Mitch surprised us with braces on his teeth! I had been pretty upset when he got home from his mission, his teeth had gone crooked again because he hadn't worn his retainer!
We were WAY happy to see those braces!! One of the perks of dental school :)
I had a total melt down on the last day of our trip...we were walking in the mall, just shopping and having fun, and all of a sudden, I realized I might not see these guys again before we leave on our mission....I LOST IT!! Right there in the mall, I was crying like a blubbering idiot! I never really stopped crying till I got on the plane. I always have a hard time leaving, but this time it was especially hard. I am hoping we won't leave till after Christmas so I can see them at least one more time...if not, I think I'll be taking one more trip to the mid-west! I've gotta see that baby one more time!!!
(Oh, I want to see Mitch and Robyn, too:)
Lots of babies at the party!!
After the messy cake, we had a topless birthday girl!
She loved her new chair from Grandma and Grandpa! We love you, Malia!!
We are so glad we got to spend your first birthday with you!!
2 comments:
Ok ... this post gave ME heart palps for YOU... you are such a brave gal.... thank goodness for technology tho - you will be able to stay in contact and hopefully be somewhere they can come visit you!!
Looks like it was a fun party!! Glad you were able to be there!
Oh!! This just made me cry! I do that a lot lately. I have started calling them missionary mom moments. And hearing about Iowa makes me homesick. What cute grand babies!! I'm excited to hear where you will be going!
Post a Comment