Monday, October 4, 2010

DaVe GoEs tHe DiStAncE!!

We are so proud of DAVE!
He ran the STG Marathon this year!
He didn't even start training till late in August!
26.2 miles in the HOTTEST marathon on record!
Dave, Dave you're our man...you can do it we know you can!


We went up to the top of Snow Canyon to watch him at mile 16.
We had to walk from the bottom of the canyon.
That was a marathon for the rest of us!
We ate doughnuts and orange juice while we waited for Dave.
(That's just NOT RIGHT!)




The kids held up signs and we all gave him a high five as he passed us.
He was all smiles when he saw all of the family there to cheer him on.
Then he ran by with 10 miles left to go...
We ran back to the cars to catch him at the finish line!



He wasn't quite as smiley at the finish line!
I can't imagine how it must have felt to run in that heat!
I was dripping with sweat just standing on the sidelines!


4 hours 15 minutes.
A great time for his first marathon....
especially on such a hot day!

What an accomplishment for a guy who hardly even trained!
What an accomplishment for a guy with Ankylosing Spondylitis! (a severe form of arthritis)
What an accomplishment for a cute dad of three proud kids!
What an accomplishment for the husband of a proud wife!
We love you Dave and we're all so proud of you!!
WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!
WAY TO GO!!!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ohhhh cute post!! I will have to show Dave!! I wish I was all caught up on my blog sooo bad!

Gretchen said...

Hey thanks for that post Nancy! When I look at that picture at the finish line I just remember how I felt out of gas!! But the overall experience was great maybe next year it will be a little bit cooler so I can get 3:59...oh yeah!!!!

Anonymous said...

So fun! we wish we could have been there on the side lines cheering Dave on with the rest of the family. Sometimes we feel like we miss out on soooo much!!!!! Dave you rock! We are so proud of you!