Sunday, October 31, 2010

Deer Hunting with my Dear...

The last day of the hunt, Lonne wanted me to go with him.  We started out on Utah HIll, we hiked about 1/2 mile to the top of a ridge, but it was super windy, 
so we decided to head up to Lonne's favorite place....Pine Valley Mountain.

We parked the razor at the foot of the mountain on the Blake and Gubler side (south side) of the mountain and started up the trail. Lonne hadn't been up that trail since the big fire, so he was kinda interested to see the conditions.  They always take their horses up this trail. 
You couldn't pay me to ride a horse up that steep, rocky trail!!
There were burned up Pine Trees tipped over everywhere! 
The fire turned this side of the mountain into what I would 
picture Hell to look like....so sad:(

Lonne never said anything, but he was just planning on hiking
 part of the way up the mountain...or as far as I wanted to go. 
He said he would have turned around at any point...
He thought I would want to stop about halfway up...



I thought he knew me better than that...

So we stopped when we were at the TOP of Pine Valley...
in Lonne's very favorite meadow.
A beautiful meadow surrounded by aspens and pines. 
The pics are bad....no make up on me...and a dead battery on the camera!!
so we used Lonne's phone to take a couple pictures.  
I was so mad because there were so many beautiful places to take pictures! 
Seems like my camera is always dead when I need it most!

We had some jerky, an apple and a Big Hunk 
for our little picnic in the meadow...
It was a beautiful day
Heading back down the mountain...
No deer, but a great hike and a great day!

No comments: