Friday, April 15, 2011

Fish-n-Chips FRIDAY!

Yep, we're eating again!!! Lonne would eat these fresh Fish-n-Chips every day if I would let him.  I have limited him to once a week...so it's Fish-n-Chips Friday for us from now on! Seriously, these Fish-n-Chips are better than I can even describe.  I'm not even a fish-n-chips lover, and I have to limit myself to one piece of fish, and a few chips.  The London Street Fish-n-Chips place is right up the street from us...in the middle of the "Hood" of Gisborne.  The fish is caught daily, and soooooooo good!

Date Night
We finally took a "Date Night" last week-end!  After reading the e-mails of some of our MTC friends in missions all over the world, we decided we need to take a little time off now and then to play!  One of th couples told us how they get together with the other couples in their mission (Tonga) and play games one night a week, go to dinner one night, and snorkeling every p-day!  WHAT???? I think we got sent to the wrong mission!  No, not really...we are having a great time but we just haven't done anything even close to that, so we decided we need to loosen up just a touch! We went to a movie...it is an old time theater like the Dixie Theater in St. George.  It was $28 for the two of us! Ha! No wonder the theater was empty!  Nobody in Gisborne is going to pay $14 a piece to go to a movie when it will be out on DVD in a month or two!!!  The movies here are all movies that were in the theaters when we left St. George 2 1/2 months ago! It's pretty funny! Anyway, it felt good to get our dress clothes off, and our jeans on!! I was so excited to see Lon in his "Normal" clothes, I had to take a picture!
 Ooohhhh..I can't explain how good it felt to get that skirt off, and my skinny jeans on!!! 
(I was so thankful they still fit me!)
I fed "our" Elders on Sunday.  Elder Fiu is Samoan, so I decided to make Panni Popo Rolls for him...
(coconut rolls.....soooooo yummy!)
HE LOVED THEM!
(Lonne and Elder Webb were pretty stoked about it, too!)
We just love having these boys over for dinner! 
They are such devoted, hard working, dedicated, humble, spiritual,
 GOOD BOYS!!!

Elder Tautuiaki's BIG HANDS! He shakes my hand every day...I finally decided I just had to take a picture of the size of this boy's hands! His heart is just as big!  I love this guy!
We are going to miss him so much when he gets transferred to a different area! :(


As you can tell by the pictures...I haven't been very good at taking pictures this week.  I will try to be better next week! We've had a bit of a slow week....it's hard to find anyone at home during the day.
We really enjoyed General Conference via satellite at the chapel this last Sunday. It was fun to be there with Wendy's family (newly baptized) for their first conference.  I think they really soaked it all in.
I loved the talk by Richard G. Scott about the eternal blessings of families. Wendy lost a three year old son to a heart defect, so it really struck home with her.  If you missed that talk go to the sight below and read, watch or listen to it.
(copy and paste into your address bar)
             http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/the-eternal-blessings-of-marriage?lang=eng

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So darling, Nancy! You don't even know how excited I get to see Elder Webb. In his last email he mentioned transfers were next week and I told him if he gets transferred I would be way sad! His response was, "Just remember that if I stay here, I might gain those few pounds I've been trying to keep off, thanks to Sister Gublers amazing cooking!" In every letter and email I get, he is always so GRATEFUL for you and Lonne. Loves your "American Style cooking" and often tells me that he loves how clean your flat always is. So THANK YOU! And thanks for taking good care of my little man for me. You guys are the best! Love you!

Melanie Spendlove said...

So glad for the new post. I've been going into withdrawals...checking your blog EVERY day. I just love seeing the pictures and reading what you two are up to. You two are my heros!! Thanks for being such an inspiration to all of us at home. I think the ward should come pick you two up when you get off your mission so we can all eat at these terrific places you keep telling us about. I love the way you adopt the missionaries and mother them like their moms would. You're the best! Keep up the great work! Love you guys!!!

LeAnn said...

I have to say I agree with everything Melanie just said. The missionaries are blessed to have you and Lonne and I too have been checking your blog everyday. I can't believe how much I look forward to your letters and pictures each week. I miss you!!!

Lexie said...

I can't believe how big his hands are! You have to remember to take pictures! You don't understand that we all can't wait to see your next pictures. Love you SO much!

Gretchen said...

Yea for a new post!! Those fish and chips look Yummy!! I bet they are delish if they catch the fish fresh everyday!! Yum! You guys look so cute, too!! Dad looks cute in his red shirt and jeans!! He has a little boy smile on!! It reminds me of Cam's smile...when he is thinking, "Come on mom, do you really have to take my picture!!" Glad you guys got a date night in...you do have to take some time for yourselves, so you don't get burned out!! Those Panni Popo's look Sooooo good!! I miss them!! Will you send me some!! Me and Lex are going to have to make them soon for Sunday dinner! We haven't had them since you have been gone! Thanks for the new pictures!! Now I will update my blog for you!! I just uploaded some new pictures!! Love you!

kate said...

Nancy- I'm totally blog stalking ya for a minute. I'm not sure if you remember me, but I went to SCHS way back when. I just noticed that you were in Gisborne and had to check if you'd run into the parents of our friends the Burts.

It looks like you have! My brother served with Mike Burt (Frances and Peter's son) and then Mike and Bex lived with my brother in Jackson, WY for a year.

Small world eh?

Anyhow.. keep up the work. Hope you don't mind me peeking in every now in then.

Kate Bueler (Formerly Bess)