Monday, April 18, 2011

A TyPiCaL Day in GiZzY....

 Every morning, we head out on our "Run" on the trail along the river.  There are signs of Autmn everywhere, so we decided to take a few pictures today.  The Red Ivy above just begged me to take a picture of it...so I did:)
 The Tide was down this morning, so the river looks muddy, but the trees are all changing colors, and it looks so prettty.  

 '
These Geese are on the running trail EVERY morning.  They watch us running toward them and the white one gets hissy at us! She literally hisses at us and Im afraid of her!  They hang out near the fence behind a Pre-School right next to the running trail and river.  I'm scared of the white one...I just know she's going to attack me one of these days.  Look at them just looking so innocent in the river today....I took the camera with us so we could get a picture of her hissing at us! It's pretty comical!



 As we run a little farther, we come to a Botanical Garden park with trails going through it. The trees are all turning colors and they look so pretty! The leaves turn all sorts of colors here, because the season changes so gradually.  I still can't get used to Easter in Autumn! Crazy! We're eating butternut squash and apples off the trees...Fall food!  I'd give anything for a strawberry right now! ]

 This tree had every color of leave on it...red, yelllow, green, purple, plum...it was pretty!
Go Lonne Go!
I better go catch up!



 5 k's is never enough for this guy, so we stop at the Hotel Gym for a 20 minute bike ride.
Our gym is about 8X8 with one bike that works and one bike that has broken handlebars,  Guess who gets the broken handlebars???
 Not him!  His bike works like a champ!

Biking Buddies on our broken bikes!  Check out the handlebars on my bike!  Oh-well, it's better than nothing! We finish our work out in our mini gym for about a half hour.  
Then it's time to go shower off those sweatty pits!
While I take a shower,
Lonne studies.
Good boy.



When I'm ready,  I study,  take care of business stuff on the computer, and look for things I can print out for the people we will visit that day.  There's lots of good stuff to take to people ....stories, videos, talks, games, all sorts of stuff on lds.org and mormon,org
It has been a life saver for me!




 Then it's time to go out visiting!  We will find some of them home....


 And...some of them aren't home;( So we write a note and stick it on the door.
Better luck next time!  We do this all day!
Although this day, we actually visited with 5 less active families and
they ALL came to church on Sunday! 


 

Next Stop...Saturday Sandwich at Subway!
Subway is the only place in town where we can get a drink of coke out of the tap with ice!
We get the chicken teriaki sweet onion sandwich on a wheat bun...yummmmm!


We visitied a family today who has been less active for a long time.  They told us they would come to church with us on Sunday.  Their house was beyond filthy, and I felt like I needed to scrub myself after I left.  We keep wipes and hand sanitizer in the car at all times.  
We contacted ALOT of people today.  


Cool house made out of a VW Van....Couldn't get a good pic of it! We pretty much see it all here!



Our day ended with a party at the Downes house for Paura Downes farewell.  He is going to Australia on his mission on Thursday.  NONE of his family is active in the church, and he is the greatest kid and so excited to be a missionary! This is his grandpa in the wheel chair.  He has the strongest handashake I think I have ever felt! He was a cattle rancher, too.  He loves horses, and indians.  I have found lots of the Maori people are intriqued with Indians.  They like the fact that my ancestors are  Cherokee.  This guy looks like an indian....he could pass for any chief I've ever seen!

When I woke up the next morning after all of our visiting I was covered with bites on my feet and legs!! They itch so bad I think I might go crazy!! I found out they are FLEA bites.  SO we have torn our house apart, vacuumed, washed bedding, etc....and fumigated the place with flea killer!
President Porter likes to tease us and he told us that we would do two things before leaving New Zealand..1- we would both gain 20 pounds, and   2. we would get fleas! Well I think he might be right on both threats!  The weight is slowly coming, and we had our first bout with fleas!!!!
 (You can't even see HALF of the bites in this picture! AAhhhhhhhhh!)



Elder Jenkins and Elder Cooper came over for Sunday Dinner. This will be the last time Elder Cooper is with us....he is getting transferred this week!  He is our zone leader, and he does a great job! We are going to miss him! I'm not sure who the other transfers will be, but I know it's going to make me sad!  I need to learn to not get attached!!!

5 comments:

LeAnn said...

I loved your pictures! It looks so beautiful there and I love fall so it's fun to see what you are experiencing right now. Sounds like your days are busy and I'm sorry to hear about the fleas - yuck! Good luck with all that! Love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! Wait til you have Christmas in the Summer! Those flea bites look horrid :( You can get flea collars that work well! You look so good and skinny! I'm sure you won't gain any weight! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha the fleas are great. I had them in Samoa too. it was terrible! Robyn says to put a flea collar in the bed with you. can you get one of those over there? We love the pics and wish that we could experience this all with you. Have fun! We love you. Happy Easter!!

Lexie said...

Oh I love this post! It's fun to see so many pictures of different things. Make sure you put a dog tag on your flea collar. :) Oh I wish I was with you!

Denise said...

I just love reading about your mission. Thank you for sharing it all with us! So awesome! Sorry about the fleas-- yuck!