Monday, September 5, 2011

Our Wonderful Weekend!

The Hayward Baptism

We have been looking forward to this day for a long time!
Whai and Hiku Hayward were baptized by their dad on Saturday!
It was a perfect day from start to finish!

We feel like we could go home right now... re-activating this family & 
getting these boys baptized is why we were sent to Gisborne, NZ.
We KNOW that!

We LOVE them so much!

Reuben and the boys
They looked so good in white!

Nara, Reuben, Hiku, and Whai

Happy parents and grandparents!
We had a dinner at the Hayward's house after the baptism.  
Nara had prepared enough food for an Army! It was delicious! 
I made my two favorite salads...everyone loved them and wanted the recipes.
They don't make fun green salads like we do at home, so it was a treat to them.

This picture is blurry, but I thought it was so cute of Lonne and Nara's mom, Christine.
The other girl is Nara's dear friend, Amy.


Nara with her best friend and cousins

Grandma and Grandpa Hayward
I think they might be the happiest parents/grandparents in the world right now:)
We were so happy to finally meet them! 


P-Day
It was a beautiful day on our P-day, so we decided to take a drive up in the hills.
I loved all the baby lambs....
It means SPRING is here!! Finally!




This is a Red Stag Farm.  They are all females (Hindes)




ReRe Falls
It looks like a dam, but it is a natural waterfall! It's gorgeous!
It is also bigger than it looks in the picture!
It was such a beautiful spring day!!

This is called the ReRe Rock slide.  It is way steeper than it looks in this picture!
In the summer, the kids ride boogie boards down it!
If we are still here in the summer, I am FOR SURE riding this water slide!
I can't believe how little it looks in this picture, but it was LONG and STEEP!
It will definitely be a rush!
Can anyone tell me what kind of tree this is???
I thought it was so cool! These little red bells are hard like a nut.
There are lots of trees here that I have never seen before.  
Anything grows in New Zealand! 
It's so beautiful!
Spring blossoms along the road...
Some wild turkeys...
Lonne would make the turkey gobble sound, 
and they would all answer back! It was awesome!

Me with two of my favorite things...
yellow daffodils and
"popcorn popping on the apricot tree!"
I don't think that's an apricot tree, but it sure was beautiful!!
(Oh, I miss singing primary songs with my primary kids!)

2 comments:

Jennifer L said...

Love your new pictures. It's so beautiful there. How fun that spring is there, finally. It's so fun to see everything, and everyone and what you've been up to. Thanks so much for keeping up the blog and the newsy emails. Love and miss you. TONS!!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that it is spring there!! Some of the trees are starting to change colors here!! It is beautiful outside right now, but I know what is coming and it gets us sick to think about it... winter in Iowa can be rough! The baptisms looked like so much fun! we are proud of the work you are doing and hope that you continue to have success and fun! Love and miss you.