We LOVE making fresh lemonade!
It has been such a treat to pick lemons in the yards of our friends!
We were a little disappointed this week to have three of our baptisms fall through...
Max and Neville were suppose to get married at noon, and baptized at five.
The baptism was postponed, but we had a wonderful time at the wedding!
It was a big step for the two of them, and we were proud of them!
Also, one of our investigators ended up in the hospital and will be there for a few weeks.
She is pregnant, not due until November. Her water broke!
We will probably be transferred before she is able to be baptized.... :(
So.... we had a couple of disappointments this week
So...we made
LEMONADE!!
(Literally)
The Wedding
Maxine and Neville
This is Maxine's daughter....she is my little buddy!
Maxine's son, Kezchon...he's a great kid!
He was baptized a few weeks ago, and will be the one who baptizes Max Neville
The Barbecue
Maxine and Neville invited everyone over for a barbecue after the wedding.
They barbecued everything from Lamb Chops, to Sausages, to Steaks, to Chicken...
You name it, they threw it on the barbecue!
Henry Tawhuri
He is in our bishopric....Maxine's brother
Solomon
Check out this hair doo! Notice the little pony tail, too:)
He is a stand up comedian...so he was good about me taking pictures of the doo!
He's not bald...he shaves it this way!!
The day of the wedding was the opening day of the Rugby World Cup being held in New Zealand.
This country is CRAZY about Rugby, especially their ALL BLACKS Rugby team.
This is the official jersey....they are over $200 over here.
We heard they are only about $60 in the U.S.
Havin' a good time at the barbecue!
Liz center) makes Maori dolls
She made one for me to take home as a keep-sake
Elder Gubler and Bishop Wray
Partners in crime:)
I just had to take a picture of Maxine's eye lids!
They were "Bling" to the extreme!
Maxine's dog was roaming around the barbecue...
licking his chops...
and drooling over all the food! Aahhhhhh!
He is way bigger than he looks in this picture!






5 comments:
Fresh lemons Wow!! That looks so fun and how nice that spring is finally there instead of the cold winter. I loved your pictures last time too. You really are in a beautiful spot. I can't tell you how much I look forward to your emails. Love and miss you tons!
Bonnie will be drooling over your lemons and lemonade. Sounds delicious. Sorry your baptisms fell through. I love how you just ask people to take their pictures. So funny. The bling eyes and the not so bald dude with the ponytail crack me up!! Love and miss you guys. We are all so proud of you.
love these photos! and in that one photo, olea is wearing the shirt i gave her! YAY!
Looks like a fun wedding. I hope everything works out with those baptisms. I'm sure it will. We are so glad you guys are having fun! keep up the good work. we miss and love you.
Those Lemons look delish! I wish you could send me some! You look so skinny! I miss my skinny mama!!
Love this post! It cracks me up...I am sure you know why!!! Love the dog roaming around...I am sure that Dad loved it, too!! I LOVE the Blingy eyelids!! Wow...how did she do that?!? And the hair do is great! I will have to talk Dave into doing that...especially the pony tail! That is Hot Stuff!! You are so lucky that Liz made you a Maori doll!! That will be so neat to bring home! I bet you were so excited! Dave says that your Bishop looks like Bucky!! He does!!! Does he in real life??
Love it!! Hope all is well! I love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment