Louisa Henderson, me, Tran Burt, and Frances Burt at Louisa's house pulling honey taffy
Harvesting Honey is a HUGE industry here in New Zealand. Several people that we know are in the honey industry. I mentioned honey taffy to Frances Burt one day...she had never heard of it. Her husband is a Bee Keeper. They had also never heard of honey-butter! Two of my favorite things!! The people here don't even know what TAFFY is! So I offered to show them how to make it.
I told them about Salt Water Taffy in Utah. They were so intrigued with it!
We got together last week on my P-day and pulled a big batch of honey taffy.
We probably shouldn't have doubled the batch...it was a bit hard for four of us to get it all pulled before it cooled down, but we managed to do a pretty decent job! They got the idea, and it tasted soooo yummy!
Honey taffy is one of my very favorite things in the whole world! I used to pull taffy with my kids every time we went to the ranch up in Nevada. It's a fun memory....it dawned on me that I have never pulled taffy with my grand kids! That will be on my TO DO list when I get home:)
1 comment:
I love honey taffy!
Post a Comment