Couple's Conference in Hamilton
We attended the temple, had a luncheon, & had a meeting with all the couple's in the mission.
It was fun to meet everyone. We are so far away from the mission office,
we never get to mingle with any of the couples.
Gisborne is far away from EVERYTHING on the North Island!
We picked up a hitch hiker on our way to Hamilton!
This is the first hitch hiker I have ever picked up....Lonne has done it a few times, but
never with me in the car! He looked like such a nice boy...and he WAS a nice boy!
His name was Ezra...it was his FIRST time hitch hiking! He was relieved to have someone
like us pick him up! He rode with us for 4 hours. He got car sick along the way! We had to pull
over for him to throw up! Ha! We were glad to help the guy get to his mom's house!
We hope he has a good impression of the Mormon Church....hopefully we planted a good seed
in his heart, and he will listen to the missionaries next time he sees them:)
There were so many pretty flowers growing along the road to Hamilton!
I made Lonne pull the car over so I could take a couple of pictures!
These purple flowers were everywhere...growing wild!!
One of my favorite flowers is a Hydrangea.
I would give anything to be able to grow them in my yard at home!!
We had Hydrangea's in Lexie's flower bouquets at her wedding reception...
I think they were about $8 for EACH hydrangea!
Ahhhh!! They grow like weeds over here!!!!
This cute motor home was parked at our hotel last week...
I just couldn't resist taking a picture of it!
Classic!
It reminded me of our little trailer, "The Hilton" on wheels!!
Teaching at Carolyn''s house...
These little kids are hell on wheels! Ha!
There is never a dull moment with them around!!
One time they climbed all over our car while we were in the house teaching...
needless to say, there are scratches ALL over the car now! Ha!
It was a true test of patience for Lonne.....:)
Gotta love it!
Carolyn's Christmas Tree...
This is the only Christmas tree we have seen so far in Gisborne...
I teach Jodee in her bedroom, while Lonne and the Elders teach her mom, Tania.
It is just so hard to teach Tania with the little girls around....
They could give Carolyn's kids a run for their money!
I play games with the girls and do anything I can do to entertain them while their mom
has her lessons!! Tania and Jodee are set for baptism on the 10th!
We are so excited!
Elder Lui teaching with us at Daleann's house....
Elder Lui is a brand new missionary. This is his 2nd week.
He was holding little George, and the little guy started to cough...
then he threw up! Poor Elder Lui didn't know what to do!! He just held the little
guy out and waited for someone to come rescue him!!! Guess who ended up cleaning
up the throw up? Yep....Grandma Gubler!

3 comments:
I just love, love, love your posts! Thanks for all the pictures and stories. And, Happy Holidays!!!! It's a wonderful 20 degrees here this morning, just gotta love winter!!! Love you guys!!!
You just continue to amaze and inspire me !!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment