Taupo is a beautiful place.
But we're not on a vacation, we're here to teach the Gospel.
The missionary work has been slow, but it's picking up.
We visit less active members all day long.
And if there's still time in the evening..
Lonne goes fishing!
This is Darlanna and Nicky (sisters) they are recent converts, now less active:(
We're working on the less active part!
Our Taupo ward is VERY small.
Small enough to be a branch.
This is a picture of our ward dinner.
If time permits, at the end of the day, I take my book
Lonne takes his fishing rod...
and we head to the river.
He fishes...I read.
Till it gets dark.
This is what it looks like at sunset on Lake Taupo.
This is where one of the rivers feeds into the lake.
When the men are fishing in a row,
i'ts called a picket fence.
I guess you can't appreciate this photo as much as us because
you have no idea how cold this water is!
And how cold it is outside!!!
Yes, it's suppose to be summer.
This is NOT summer to me!
These kids sure know how to have fun!!
This river runs right behind their houses.
It's beautiful!
I saw a HUGE brown trout swimming the other night...
but it didn't want a thing to do with Lonne's fly.
Lonne is getting discouraged with
fishing at Taupo!
1 comment:
Beautiful pictures! I can't wait to come and see you next month!
Post a Comment