We were so excited to have the Hayward family come stay with us last week-end!
We had been looking forward to it all month! They came on Friday and left on Sunday evening.
Nara made Lonne a HUGE carrot cake (she knows all his favorite things!) She spoils us!
The boys had a fun time swimming in our pool, even though it was cold and raining
outside! Kids don't notice that kind of stuff! Ha!
We took a little picnic on Saturday and went exploring!
We went to the town of Turangi to the Trout Museum.
It was interesting, but we thought the boys would be able to fish in the pond,
but they didn't have it stocked with fish! We were a little disappointed about that.
We took a beautiful walk along the river behind the museum. This river
is one of the top rivers in the world for fly fishing. It was beautiful!
We stopped for a picture.....
Nara, Reuben, Hiku and Whai
Whai and Hiku having a swim in the pool at our apartment...
it was only about 60 degrees outside! But they didn't care!
We went to Huka Falls to have a picnic....
They had never been to Taupo, so it was fun to see some of the sites together.
We were going to go on this JET BOAT ride up to the falls, but it was $120 a person...
RIP OFF!
We decided we would just look at the falls from park!
We stopped and had a picnic on the trail.
Nara's carrot cake and watermelon were the favorites!
Reuben, Nara, and Hiku
I don't know where Whai was....we couldn't find him!
Lake Taupo was having a boat race, so we walked down to the shoreline to see
the boats. They were pretty cool! It was windy, so they couldn't race at full speed.
They even had to cancel some of the races.
We had a great week-end.
It was so sad to say good-bye on Sunday evening!
We are already looking forward to Easter....
we are going to go to Gisborne to spend the holiday with the Haywards
and all of our Gizzy friends. I can't wait!!
1 comment:
How fun for you to have them come visit! I can't believe the color of that river! It is sooo pretty! I am sure it is even prettier in real life, too! Those boats ate crazy! Are they a boat or a plane? I bet they go soooo fast! That would be cool to see! Want to come watch the races with you!...and float in a boat to the falls...and haveba picnic! I think I will just climb in Leann's luggage and come with her!
Post a Comment