Thursday, February 23, 2012

Smile...:)

I got the cutest package in the mail today!
My girlfriends had a Valentines Party last week...
I guess they each made a home made valentine for their 
"Long Lost Friend" clear across the world!
As we read them,
I laughed and cried....
Lonne laughed and cried....

I LOVE MY FRIENDS!!!
Thanks girls! See you soon!! :)


This family invited us to dinner the other night...
They live in Turangi.  Mom and three daughters are members.
Dad isn't....yet.  We had a lesson and played a game about forever families.
The people in Turangi have been soooo nice to us.
We are going to spend more time down there!

Lance, Candace, and Ursula



About a month ago, Lonne was rubbing my feet and noticed a black dot.
It was right on the bottom of my heel. 
It hadn't been there before.
Uh-Oh!

I have had two similar black dots on the inside of my right arm....
They were both pre-melanoma.
I called Brett Smith and asked him what I should do...
I also showed it to the mission doctor at our zone conference...
They both said, "Don't mess around, get it taken off"

So I went to the clinic in Taupo today and
followed their advice.
The clinic was something to be desired!!!
I just had to close my eyes and grin and bare it!

The doctor numbed it, but it didn't go numb!
I felt the whole thing!!
It made me sick to my stomach...
I almost threw up...
but I had to grin and bare it!


So here I am....with a sore foot...
I guess we'll wait to hear what the pathologist says.
I hope I don't have to have more taken out!!!
I don't know if I can grin and bare it one more time!!!


I'm still grinning and baring it!
I hope it doesn't slow us down too much!

2 comments:

Lexie said...

First, the French lady looks like so much fun!
Second, you do have pretty good friends I have to say.
Third, I thought you were going to show the wound on your foot. It does look just like the thing on your arm. I guess you'll just have to come home if more needs to be taken out. Shoot

Gretchen said...

What a darling Valentine package!!! Cute friends! Good thing you have them...since your kids didn't send you a Valentine! So Sorry!

That Mole DOES NOT look good!! That scares me! Good thing you had it taken off! I think you better get home to Bret Smith for that one!! AHHHHH!!! Does insurance pay for a plane ride home from New Zealand????

And yah...To Lexie's Comment...Sister French looks like a HOOT! I am so glad you share your fun new friends with us!!