I have wanted to go sky diving my whole entire life!
I thought my 50th birthday would be a great time to jump!
Lake Taupo is a world famous place for sky diving...
so I asked the mission president and he gave me the OK!
Lonne wasn't up for it, so I was happy when Tyson and Ashley
wanted to join me!!
A limo picked us up at our apartment and drove us all to the airport....
Do you think I had butterflies??
NOPE!
We got dressed in our gear and waved goodbye to LeAnn, Ashley and Lonne...
Do you think I had butterflies yet?
NOPE!
We loaded the PINK plane...
No butterflies yet!
We climbed to 15,000 feet and then it was time!!!
I never felt the least bit nervous! I think something must be wrong with me!
I was just soooo excited!
We just sat at the edge of the plane and it felt like the plane flew away from us!
It didn't make make my tummy do flip flops or anything!
It was just amazing!
Lots of wind in my face, and the most beautiful view you have ever seen!
We had a full 65 seconds of FREEEE FALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
Awesome doesn't even begin to describe it!
The skin on my neck and face was flying around!! Ha!
I was totally in heaven!
I didn't want it to end!
Then it was time to pull the parachute....
sure glad it opened!!!
Once the parachute opened, we could talk....
it was so quiet! I could see Lonne from clear up here!
he was down on the grass by the airport...waiting for me!
The weather had been terrible every day leading up to this day!
I had prayed for good weather....and my prayers were answered!
It was PERFECT skydiving conditions!
Beautiful blue skies, and no wind...which is RARE for New Zealand...
especially Lake Taupo
Lonne took some pictures from below...
We landed perfectly!
We just landed right on our feet!
It was amazing!
I wanted to do it again the second I was on the ground!!
Thank you President Lekias for letting me do this! It was all I hoped it would be!
1 comment:
Nancy + skydiving = awesome 50th birthday!!! What a wonderful adventure! You're my idol!!! Loved the pictures. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday.... welcome to the 50s club, it's a great one!!! Love you!!!
Post a Comment