Saturday, February 12, 2011

All ScRaMbLeD Up!!

We have been having problems with our internet in our apartment.  We have  "Vonage" phone which requires a high speed internet connection, a computer and a phone.  If all of this is working, we can talk to anyone in the states for FREE!  It's great (when it works) !!  We were able to talk to my mom, and my kids the other day and it worked fine! Then I was surprised when a few of my friends surprised me with a call, Belle, Gretchen, and Phoebe called me and they sounded like they were right next door! But then the internet crashed and that was the end of that!! We are working on getting it fixed!!! Soooooo....in the meantime, I decided to "Skype" with the kids.  It was awesome!  I am so thankful to live in this wonderful day when technology allows me to speak to and SEE my children and grandchildren clear across the world!  I loved seeing all of their faces!  Little Ty just LIT UP when he heard his grandpa's voice! It was priceless!  Then Malia blew us lots of kisses! Abbie played the violin for us and Sadie kissed the screen of the computer.  My favorite line of the day was when I told the kids that I can't wear my hair straight down here in New Zealand!  It is too humid, and it won't straighten, so I have to wear it curly every day!  Cam came back with, "Oh, Grandma, is that why your hair looks all SCRAMBLED UP?"  Ha!  I LOVED IT!  That's my new line!  I'm wearing my hair scrambled now!!

 Me with my ScRaMbLeD Hair!
 There is the cutest boy in our ward who plays Rugby.  We wanted to go watch his game, so we could pick up on some of the rules of the game.  Lonne really wants to learn this game! It was so fun to see the team do the HAKA before the game, and then to watch them platy!! Oh, my gosh! It is the roughest sport I have ever seen!  I don't think there are any rules! These guys are HUGE, and they basically just go out there, toss the ball back to each other, and kill whoever has the ball! 
We've got to get more acquainted with the rules!
 Below is a picture of me with Charlee May.  She is a young single mother, with a 16 month baby boy and one on the way.  She was just baptized last fall and is still learning about the gospel.  She loves the way it makes her feel, and she's excited to be part of it.  We have noticed that there are LOTS of young pregnant girls here in Gisborne.  There are also LOTS of gangs and drugs.  So sad:(

Below is a picture right outside of our apartment window.  This is the river that runs through town, into the ocean.  There is a walking path along the river, and on the far side is a glimpse of the amount of logs that come in  every day to load onto ships (this is just a portion).  Sometimes it gets really LOUD! The other night I couldn't sleep because the front end loaders were loading logs onto the ship all night! Logging is one of the largest industries here in Gisborne. Lonne and I have really enjoyed the walking path!  We have gone running every morning along the river & ocean.  The breeze makes the temperature perfect!  We marked our first week in Gisborne yesterday!  We are getting to know the area rather well, and Lonne is starting to be a pro at driving!  It definitely takes a LOT of concentration!   



7 comments:

Phoebe said...

your scrambled hair is darling! lucky it looks so cute:) so fun to get to chat for one sec. we said the same thing felt like you were just over on sunset:) ha love you two!

LeAnn said...

I think your scrambled hair is darling. Every time you post pictures I just think how cute you look. What darling missionaries you are! Last night at our stake conference (adult session) Pres. Frei mentioned you serving in New Zealand and it made me so proud of you both. I know you and your family will all be blessed because of your service.

Lexie said...

haha I LOVE Cam. I think your scrambled hair looks so cute! Still can't believe you're really in New Zealand on a mission.

the glendenning family said...

Love the scrambled hair!

Anonymous said...

Haha we love the SCRAMBLED HAIR!!!!! Cam he is so dang funny! I can't believe how many logs there are everyday! Gosh! Crazy. Love all the new pictures and its fun to see new pictures of the area. We are getting a better idea of where you live love it! We hope we can come visit!

Gifford6 said...

Looks like you need my "scramble" glove huh? I like "scrambled" hair! You look great!

Chesley's said...

MMMMMM....your scrambled hair looks amazing!