Thursday, March 17, 2011

Birthday in New Zealand


I got the BEST package from my Bunko group this week!  Bunko was hosted by Tracy.  She had all the ladies make little baggies of treats from the children we are teaching and visiting.  There were all sorts of treats, whistles, balls, pencils, princess stuff, and CTR rings.  It was so thoughtful of Tracy to do this!  Thank you Trace!  We love you and all the Bunko Gals!!! I  Miss you all!!! You better be saving my "Spot" at Bunko...DO NOT replace me!!
BTW...our Bunko group started 18 years ago!!! How's that for dedication? 

MARCH 12, 2011
My 49th birthday in New Zealand....usually, I would go to lunch with all of my girlfriends.  Well...they brought lunch to me via SKYPE!! They called me first thing in the morning, which was lunch time on the 11th for them!  They were having lunch at Tracy's house, so in a sense, I got to have lunch with them!  We laughed and talked for about 40 minutes.  That was all I needed to make my day a happy one!!! Thank you, Friends!!! I definitely have the BEST friends in the world!! They have been my best friends since I moved to Utah....41 years ago!!!  Sometimes I think they know me better than I know myself!!! I love you girls!!! I sure missed the few of them that weren't there, but they promised to do it again soon!  Isn't technology the BEST????


While I was on SKYPE with my girlfriends, Lonne's best friend, Robert called!  We were both talking to our friends at the same time!!! We were soooooooo happy:)  Robert called to wish me a happy birthay, too!! We are both so lucky to have such faithful friends!  


We haven't been able to find DR. PEPPER anywhere in NZ.  For those of you who don't know me that well... I LOVE DR.PEPPER!!! Well...we found it at a little market on my birthday! 
 I am ONE HAPPY LADY in this picture!  Ok, so there's not crushed ice, but other than that, it was the BEST!!! Seriously,  I savored every sip of it!  They only had a few cans... they were dirty (like they had been in the cooler for a long time)! I don't think people here have ever even heard of Dr. Pepper!
What's wrong with these people!!?? 

My kids sent me some new clothes for the mission!  YAY!!!  
It was so fun to SKYPE with my kids and grandkids!  I opened their presents while they watched! 
We took a couple of pictures, but they didn't turn out!


Can you see this package????? YES!!! It's full of all my favorite things!!!
One of my BEST friends in the whole world, LeAnn, sent me a HUGE box with all of my favorite candy!!! Everything from Big Hunks, to Banana Laffy Taffies, Swedish Fish,  Sugar Babies, Slap Stix, and Chick o Stix!! Oh, LeAnn, do you know how happy I was to see this stuff??? 
They don't have any of these things over here!  
YES YES YES, I LOVE CANDY!!! 
I am so terrible!  I don't like the good stuff like SEES Chocolates...I just like the stuff on the bottom shelf at the convenience stores!! Give me the cheap stuff, and I am sooo happy!
LeAnn knew all the stuff I like the most!  It was obvious she picked everything out just for ME!!
She also sent a HUGE pack of paper plates and napkins with YELLOW tulips on them.  
The yellow tulips have a special meaning.... so this  package made me SMILE:)
We will save these paper plates for special occasions!!! 
I don't think I'll be sharing this candy with anyone! Ha!
Thank you, my sweet friend!  I LOVED IT!!!


9 comments:

Debbie Parker said...

Sorry I ruined the friends pic with my eyes closed. I loved the skype call though. Looks like your birthday was great. Love you tons!!!

Lexie said...

So cute! You have the best friends!

MKSIMS said...

FYI those are not tulips. I loved your blog, glad you had a happy bday. Had a great time at Mark's. We are leaving tomorrow early for home. Love Mom.

cjpierce said...

Sent that last comment under Mark's account. Now I have my own. Those are called Daffodils.

Nancy said...

Ha! Oh-well. Yellow tulips and yellow daffodils are my favorite! I wasn't thinking! Glad you have your own account now so you can leave comments!

Gretchen said...

What a fun birthday! That is about as good as you can get when you are half a world away from everyone! Funny that Gma said that about the flowers...cuz I thought the same thing as soon as you said tulips!! Those are daffodils, you silly!! What are you going to do with all of that yummy candy!! Wow! Tracy's little baggies are darling! What a cute idea!

Jennifer L said...

Your birthday treats looked so fun. I'm glad you got to have some of your favorite things on your special day. Sorry my present made it late! It was so fun to talk to you, I miss you so much. Thanks so much for calling me. Love and miss you both.

Bonnie said...

Hi Bud
Glad you got a Dr. Pepper and your favorite candy for you birthday.
Hey....I thought they were tulips too! Who cares....they are yellow and that is all that matters! :)
Love you!
Hope you got the cards I sent...which seem kinda cheap after seeing what LeAnn sent!
I will have to make up for it sometime.
Proud of all the good work you and Lonne are doing.

LeAnn said...

I laughed when I read Bonnie's comment because I feel the same way - tulips/Daffodils who cares they are yellow and that is all that matters! My two yellow friends just make me smile! I'm glad you had a fun birthday!