Sister Gub, Maya, and Tania
Most of you know how much I love Primary Music...or any music for that matter. I have been making CD's for some of our investigator families, and they LOVE them!! One night, I stayed up till really late searching on I-Tunes for Mormon music! I loaded every one of my favorites, from Hymns, to Primary songs, to EFY songs, and Janice Kapp Perry songs. I made some adult CD's and some for children.
We have been passing them around as we visit with people.
Above is a picture of Maya and her mom, Tania. Maya is an only child,
and had the lessons and was baptized the week after we got to Gisborne.
Her mom listens in on lessons, but hasn't been baptized yet.
Maya was so excited to get her CD from us! We taught her a lesson on Tuesday,
and told her we would bring it to her on Wednesday. She was waiting with a HUGE smile when we arrived! She is the sweetest little girl! They live in a ROUGH neighborhood! I get scared to even drive down the street! Little Maya was sound asleep the other night when a drunk person came into their house and woke them all up. They call this neighborhood the Bronx...
It definately lives up to its name!!
(I didn't take many pictures this week!)
This is Gail.
Gail is a deaf woman we met at Stake Conference. She was baptized when she was 16. She wrote me a letter during conference, and handed it to me after the meeting. It was the sweetest thing I have ever read! So, I wrote her back, and we found out where she lived and we visited her.
She was soooooooooooo excited to have us come to her house! She kept squealing and jumping up and down and clapping!! It was so cute! She loved showing us all of her pictures. She had a pad of paper so she could write down all of the names of the people for us. We showed her our little photo album we keep with us all the time. It has our family picture, and then all of our kids and grandkids separately. She LOVED it! She could say ABBIE....she loved Abbie! She kept making the sign language for "Beautiful"! When it was time for us to leave, she wanted to pray. She went over to the table and knocked on it really hard...as if to tell Heavenly Father to listen to her now. Then she said the most beautiful prayer in sign language and in her own little language. It was beautiful!
We were so glad we had stopped by to see her today. She waved good-bye to us till we drove completely out of sight. It made us cry. Sweet Gail....she wrote "Heavenly Father find me a husband some day." She wants a husband and children so bad! It made me feel so blessed! Things we take for granted every day, like our hearing, and our families.....she would give anything to have just one of those things. There's definitely got to be a special place in heaven for people like Gail.
Dorie and her cute little boy!
We went with the Elders to teach Dorie. She is a very less active member. We had a wonderful discussion about some of her concerns....I thought we really connected with her. She told us she is scared to go back to church. We asked her to come with us, and let us sit by her. She agreed to come.
She knows sooooo much about the church and the scriptures. I am always amazed at how spiritual all of these people are! Her little boy was absolutely darling! He was having a ball with the Elders and Lonne.
He was HYPER! I wanted to just eat him up! He was so full of it!! When Lonne took this picture, he looked at it and said, "Beautiful!" It was so cute!
Elder Tatuiaki, Elder Gub, and Dorie's cute little guy (I can't remember his name!) We have such a hard time remembering some of the Maori names!!!
The little guy grabbed my camera and wanted to take a picture.
These are the two pictures he took! Ha!
Dorie
3 comments:
I loved your email this week. You are making such a difference in so many peoples lives. I'm so proud of you and Lonne, you're great examples to the rest of us. I miss you though!
You never told us about Gail! I LOVE that story! I can just picture all of it. LOVE you!
I love getting goon here and seeing that you have a new post! I love to see al of the people. I don't know how you keep all of the people straight! Sweet Gail...that makes me so sad...and Dorie's little boy is darling!! He looks like he is just full of it! I can just picture him going a hundred! I love that you made music for so many people. That is so YOU!! I am sure they just loved it! Good thinking mama! I LOVE your posts. They are so neat. I can't believe how many people look at them. You are inspiring and touching many more than you even know! I love you!!
Post a Comment