The BEST ice-cream shop! We were driving up the road... a road we drive up and down every single day, when Lonne looked over and saw some people sitting at a table eating the most delicious looking ice cream cones! Then he noticed the sign....FRESH FRUIT ice-cream! He made a quick U-turn and we were in that little shop in a matter of seconds! They use fresh strawberries and raspberries blended into the creamiest home made ice-cream!! It is ALMOST as good as my fresh strawberry shakes:) Aaahhhhhhh! I wish we hadn't found this place! It is going to be very dangerous! Right when we were finishing our cones, two of the Elders came walking by. We treated them to a cone as well. They were addicted from the start! We all have a new expensive addiction!
Gisborne might have some fat missionaries very soon!
*******************
We also discovered that there are dogs....BIG dogs in every yard we enter in to. Lonne is NOT a dog lover! The other day, we were visiting a lady and her dogs (the ugliest, mangiest Rottweilers you have ever seen) wouldn't leave me alone! They were licking my legs, and sniffing my feet, etc....
I couldn't get the smell off me! It's all I could smell for the rest of the day! I had to go home and wash all my clothes and get in the shower! Eewwwwwwww!
(These aren't the ugly dogs below....they are just an example of what we deal with all day!)
*******************
Lonne discovered he's not quite as young as he used to be! He played basketball with the Elders on P-day...I thought he did great, but he was embarrassed at his performance! I think he thought he would whoop on them, and he didn't quite get that done! Ha!
Below is Elder Burton....he's not into basketball, so he kept score!
There were four very tired, worn out, huffing and puffing Elders by the end of the game!!
*******************
6 comments:
Nanc the ice cream looks yummy and you always look darling. What ever happened to the scrambled hair? How did you get it to go straight?
At the same time you answer LeAnn's question about the scrambled hair answer mine... did you apply lipstick before the picture or did it not really come off while eating the ice cream?? ha ha It's good to see you haven't changed my little lipstick buddy!!
I hadn't applied lipstick since the morning!!! It must have stayed on all day!!! Ha! I don't even take it with me! Arent' you proud?? My hair had gotten used to the humidity....But I still wear it scrambled most of the time! Love you!
MItch has started playing basketball with a bunch of guys in the ward and is having a good time. That ice cream looks so delicious! I want one right now! Yum!!!!! Enjoy that warm weather but please hurry and send it to us! We can't wait to sit outside and soak up that sun! We miss and Love you!
YUMMY! I want some of that ice cream right now! It looks a little better than Krave. :)
YUM!! That ice cream looks scrumptious!! In a waffle cone too! They do it right over there!! Mom, you look so cute...you too Dad :) I want a lick of your ice cream!
Love the pics of Dad playing ball! Ha! He is so funny! I don't think he will ever be older than 18. He thinks he is still every bit as young and good as those 19 year old missionaries! You are dad...You are!! You are even better! :) they will never have the moves you do at 48!! You are sick!! (That means WAY COOL...if you ask Cam! I guess that is the new word for cool with the little boys!! Haha!)
Post a Comment