Elder Webb and Elder Fiu
We have two new Elders in our area! Elder Webb is from Hurricane, Utah 18 miles east of St. George).
Lonne's dad and brother have bought a couple of ranches from his grandpa. He is such a cute kid! He knows lots of the people that we know....His girl friend at home is my friend (Lisa Petersen's) niece. I knew he was on his mission in New Zealand, but didn't think we would really ever get to serve in the same area! We were so excited to meet Elder Webb!
Elder Fiu is from Savaii, Samoa! Mitch served most of his mission on the island of Savaii! Mitch even had a companion named Elder Fiu! How ironic is that??? Elder Fiu is brand new to the mission. This is is first area...he is even "greener" than us!!! He's such a great kid! We love these two missionaries!
For those of you who don't know how it works....Missionaries are transferred to different areas in the mission several times during their two years. There are 200 missionaries in our mission on the north island of New Zealand. Ever six weeks, Elders are transferred. Sometimes they will stay in the same area, but they will get a new companion. It is such a great way for boys to learn how to get along with each other! It is a great way for a boy to prepare for marriage....he has to learn how to give and take..just like in our marriage companionships!!
We called Mitch while Elder Fiu and Elder Webb were eating dinner at our house on Sunday. Elder Fiu wanted to hear Mitch speak Samoan. Mitch loves to speak Samoan so that he can keep up on the language. He speaks it really good, although Elder Fiu said he is a little rusty! Ha!
Elder Webb (pink shirt) playing BBall with all the Elders in our area.
The boys really gave Lonne a good work out this week!!!
Josie, AnaHera, Josh, Tia, Elder Gub, Sister Gub, and "Nan" (grandma)
This is a newly baptized family. Their mom is less active but the two kids were recently baptized. Grandma is an active member of the church, but lives up the coast. Grandma was in town this last week for conference. Grandma absolutley LOVED Lonne!!! She was so intrigued with the fact that he was a cowboy! She told everyone she saw...she would say, "Can you believe he is a REAL cowboy? He is the REAL DEAL!!" She is so happy that we are here to teach her grandchildren!
Josie is happy that a WOMAN will be teaching her children. They are all pretty shy. I made them a CD with primary songs and some of my favorite hymns. We also gave the kids the treats that my bunko group sent to us. They loved it!
Little Tia loves Elder Gubler! He made a fuss about her "Fancy" shoes. Our little Sadie has the same Princess shoes, and she and Sadie are exactly the same age. Tia wants Lonne to hold her every time she sees him. It's so cute and he loves it! He wishes Sadie would love him this much!!


9 comments:
I love the picture of you and the newly baptized family. That is awesome! You and Lonne have so many adopted grandchildren. How fun for you! Tell Lonne he's doing a great job with the elders and basketball. Good for him for participating. I am loving your updates, pictures, and the information you are providing to all of us!
I love checking in on ya via blog! looks like you guys are doing so good! what an amazing experience! I am not surprised that everyone loves you guys... your pretty easy to love! Happy birthday Nancy it was fun to witness the Skype call! keep up the good work!
Always love the new pictures. That's funny that Fiu said Mitch was rusty. ha He thinks he's a pro. :) LOVE YOU
i'm so sad i missed the birthday skype:( it was crazy wedding day...but i thought about you all day! love you two! you're looking so happy and helping so many! can't wait until the next skype party!
Thank you SO much for posting these pictures! Lisa and I are looking at them in Denver. We came for the NCAA tourney to watch BYU play and Shay cheer. Also it's Michael and Chris's(Aunt Suzie's boys) homecoming! They both returned from S. Korea and Armenia and are reporting on Sunday. BYU plays Sat. at 5:45. Love Lisa and Ry:)
I haven't seen your blog in forever, and just got caught up on all the mission pictures! HOW FUN! It reminds me of Fiji.... i miss it. Keep up the good work you cute missionaries!
Cute new pics of the new missionaries! How fun for you guys to be with boys that you love! You will be so fun for them to have there. You guys look so cute in the pic with Josie's family. I just showed Sadie the picture and I said, "THis little girl is your age and she loves Grandpa" Sadie grinned so big and said, "I LOVE GRandpa too!!!" I think ABbie is a little jelous of you guys being with those kids! Haha!
You guys look great! I miss you!
How fun to have a missionary from our neck of the woods! I hope you let his parents know so they can read your blog and see his cute face.
Dear Gublers, I LOVE reading your blog and the letters you send to the family. I have to speak in Sacrament this coming Sunday and am going to use your story about Chris and Janet. It fits in so perfectly with my theme of shepherding the less active and non members.You are doing such a fabulous job and I am so impressed with your love and concern for the people. Keep up the great work. Soon the number of fast and testimony meetings left to go will leave you wanting more. God bless you in your endeavors.
Barbara Ainge
Post a Comment