Laguna Beach 2002 40th birthday celebrationL to R... Leslie,Debbie, Me, Belle, Julie, Deana, PT, Phoebe, Lisa, Sandra, Gretchen, Tara, Kim, Tracy

More recent picture at the 5K we sponsored for our best friend,
Lisa, after the tragic death of her daughter Chelsi
have the greatest group of girlfriends in the world. So I'm going to tell how I got
accepted into the "groupie." Some people may think getting "accepted" to a certain university or business firm would be really important, maybe even life-changing. That doesn't
compare to the importance of me getting accepted by the "Groupie!"
I moved to St. George (Bloomington) from Walnut Creek, CA in 1970. I went to West Elementary for one year and that is where I met Phoebe, Tracy, Belle & Tara. I got moved to East Elementary the next year. I didn't know a soul and was so scared to go to school! I threw up almost every day (I guess I had anxiety as a kid too!" Anyway, there was this group of girls at East Elementary who were definitely the "IN" crowd. I showed up to school in 4th grade in an outfit I had ordered from Sears Catalog (remember those days?) Lisa Newby showed up on the same day in the same outfit! (BTW it was a really cute outfit!) Well to make a long story short, Lisa was definitely the leader of the group and she came up to me and commented on our twin outfits and invited me to come play with her at the next recess. I made the cut!!! The rest is history! I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't purchased that cute outfit from Sears? I'd probably still be looking for some friends! We always say we are going to write a book about our lives, but so far, we haven't done it. I'm not sure it would be a #1 best seller, but I know one thing for sure....It would have a bunch of GREAT stories! Maybe a few of our
"Pinky Swear Promises" would come out in our book! Time will tell!
This outfit got me the BEST group of friends ever!
5 comments:
YOu are so lucky to have such great friends!! I love them all, too!! I have never seen girls/women have sooooo much fun together like you guys do!! Your groupie IS the BEST!!
Thanks Nanc for the groupie highlight. I'm glad that the Pierce's and Newby's were both Sears Catalog shoppers cuz my life wouldn't be the same. You are right it was a cute outfit--I loved it! Love you.
I feel so blessed to be part of the "groupie" as well. We have been through a lot over the years and I am sure we have a lot more to endure. I just know that with my friends behind me I can make it through anything. Some might call us "strange" but I think we are "unique" and we are very fortunate to have each other!!!
Thank you for your friendship!
Love ya!
That was a cute outfit! We are definately a lucky bunch! A fun bunch too if we don't say so ourselves! love ya Nanc! (just don't be trying to take credit for games you didn't make up...!)hehe
I love this post about your friends. You really are very fortunate to have made the cut. You and your friends are darling and have a bond that is so darn special. I have always loved all of your friends. I'm so lucky to know them all through you. I hope you have many many more years of fun times ahead.
Post a Comment