Friday, October 3, 2008

BuNkO!!

Last night was Bunko! For those of you who don't know, Bunko is a game 12 ladies play with 3 dice, and three card tables. My Bunko group has been together for almost 16 years. We have changed a few ladies here and there, but there are 6 of us who are "originals!" I love my Bunko friends. We play the game just for the formality of it, but we usually just play once or twice, and then we sit around and eat yummy food and talk about everything you can possibly think of! We solve all the world's problems! Sometimes we stay till all hours of the night (or morning?) Last night I climbed in bed at about 2:00 a.m! My bunko friends are: My sister Jennifer, Sherie Danjanovich, Dixie Ferguson, Sheila Hill, Lora Eggertz, Sandra Sorenson, Julie Stauffer, Gretchen Glendenning, Tracy Winningham, Diana Traveller, and Bonnie VanAusdal. A mixed group with lots to talk about! Whether it's our kids, husbands, politics, school, church etc.... Bunko is definitely my therapy for the month! We don't always agree on everything, but we sure love to hash it out! I'm so glad three dice connected me with such wonderful friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy I really want to start up a bunko group out here in iowa with some of my good friends. I was wondering if you could send me the instructions to how you and your friends play. I like that way better. also maybe a game card??? let me know.

Anonymous said...

Cute post my friend.... I am sad that I missed last week. Hope it was fun - it always is!!!

Jennifer L said...

Of COURSE Bunko is always fun. It was way fun the other night. The food and games were great. Thanks so much Sandra and Nancy for being great hosts. And for the record, it's been OVER 16 years that our group has been playing. We just know how to have too much fun.

Run For Annette said...

Hey Nancy! Annette Lake has breast cancer, you may know her from the computer lab at Snow Canyon. Come out on Wednesday 29th to support her with her fight with breast cancer! If you pre register it will cost only 15 dollars, and includes a t-shirt. Check out the blog for more information!

P.S. Make sure you add "Run For Annette" to your blogging friends!

Run For Annette said...

The 2k fun run/walk has actually changed to Thursday October 30th. Sorry about the confusion!