Monday, May 16, 2011

FaMiLiEs....

We meet so many sweet families! We visited Maloni and Losa this week.  They are from Tonga.  After chatting with them for a few minutes, we realized that Maloni served the last part of his mission in the same place as Brock Sargent 
(a local boy- played baseball with Mitch).  Small world huh? 

 Maloney, Losa and their beautiful children


They loved the "lollies" we brought to them
 (courtesy of friends in my Bunko group!)
We pass this boat by the side of the road almost every day...
I finally had to take a picture for a keep sake.
It sits in the middle of the "HOOD"...a pretty scary neighborhood. 


Charlee May is a recent convert in the ward.  She is a single mom.  
She recently gave birth to a 10 lb. 10 oz. baby boy!
She went into the hospital at 8:30 a.m.
Had the baby (natural) at 10:30 a.m.
Left the hospital at noon..
Came bouncing into the Young Women Activity at 6:00 p.m. to show off her new baby!
Are you kidding me???

He's a beautiful little guy! 



Wedding Bells for Eli and Shayna
 Shayna is a recent convert to the church.  Eli, her partner, had no interest in marriage or church when we first met him.  He looks a little rough, but he's just a big teddy bear! He has been coming to church for a couple of months now, and finally married Shayna!  A huge step for him!!
We attended their family wedding on Saturday.  

Parents of the wedding couple

 Shayna, Eli, and Bishop Wray

 They cooked a Mutton on the "Spit" for the wedding dinner after the ceremony....
I wish I liked lamb....I don't like it.
Either does Lonne.


Angel and Crystal...two of our favorite Gisborne Girls!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angel and Chrystal are BEAUTIFUL!

Lexie said...

I seriously can't believe the girl that came to young women's the night after the baby. She looks great too and the baby is darling! I love love love when you post...so keep doing lots of them!

Erin said...

So fun to see what you're up to Nancy! Beautiful people you are helping. Such a great experience!