Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Faces :)

 Wipuni is a HAPPY Boy!
He is the newest member of the 
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Gisborne!
We have helped the missionaries teach Wipuni.  He is such a great kid!
He asked Lonne to give a talk and me and his mom to sing at his baptism....
SING?? Are you kidding??
We didn't have a pianist, so there was a boy who had an I-Pad...
I looked up the song "When I am Baptized" on lds.org.  
We played it on the I-Pad and sang to the accompaniment!
I'm so HAPPY for technology!
 Tea Tatu, Sharon, and Wipuni
Sharon has been less active...she is so HAPPY that her kids have decided to get baptized!
Tea Tatu was baptized in October.  She is the sweetest girl!
Lonne had a hard time pronouncing her name, so she told him to call her "Miss T"
It makes Lonne so HAPPY when he can use nick names for the kids with Maori names!
(Sharon loves Zumba!) She took me to an early morning class last week! 
It made me HAPPY!!
Five HAPPY faces on baptism day!:)
 Elder Keyes. WiPuni and Elder Jenkins...
Our HAPPY Zone Leaders!

 Refreshments after the baptism!
Food makes everyone HAPPY!




Zone Conference in Hamilton

HAPPY times:)
A YUMMY roast beef dinner made everyone HAPPY!!
Elder Fiu, Webb, Jenkins, and Keyes
Seeing our Gisborne Elders always makes me HAPPY!
This picture is going to make Elder Webb's girlfriend HAPPY, too!
(Am I right, Ryann?)

The Elders collect their packages from the Mission Office at Zone Conference!
Packages from home make them VERY HAPPY! :)


The Sister Missionaries were so HAPPY to see each other!


 Seeing old friends from previous areas make the Elders HAPPY, too!
The parking lot looked like a Toyota dealership...
I counted 19 of them! That ought to make Toyota HAPPY!

 Three HAPPY Elders!
We were sooooo HAPPY to see Elder Tautuiaki!
(in the middle)
We have missed him so much since he got transferred out of our area!

We took a new route home after the conference. We wanted to see some new country. 
It was an hour longer, but beautiful! We could have stopped every mile to take pictures....
but we didn't! All  of this green grass makes HAPPY cows!

 After a long ride, I was HAPPY to stop in a cool town called Lake Taupo.
It reminded me of Jackson Hole.  Some of the mountains had snow on them.  
There is a ski resort close by. A float plane landed while we were taking pictures...
It was just like a post card!!!
We decided we would be HAPPY if the mission president decided to send us to Taupo!

 The Lake is crystal clear, and turquoise blue...
There are big HAPPY trout in this lake!
Lonne was itching to go fishing!!
Lake Taupo was a beautiful place!
There were snow tipped mountains in the back ground.....the clouds were low 
so we only got a tiny view of them!  It made us HAPPY to see snow! 
We would have been HAPPY to stay in Taupo for a few days to ski!! 
Then reality set in and we remembered that we aren't on a vacation!
Although, a few of you have commented that it looks like we're on a vacation...
I promise...we're NOT! 
Although... the scenery is beautiful, and we're having a great time doing missionary work!
It's the next best thing to a vacation! :)
We're so HAPPY we got sent to paradise on our mission!!
How did we get so lucky???
The coastline of Gisborne (Poverty Bay)
So HAPPY to be back within sight of our home after a LONG ride from Hamilton:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha Nancy, you are my favorite! It makes me so HAPPY that you know how to make me happy :) I just had to get a kick out of what you said about me. Haha love you! :)

Anonymous said...

PS your re-modeled blog is DARLING:)

LeAnn said...

Nancy you pictures are beautiful! The one with the float plane looks like a post card! I wish I could come and see it while you are there! You look fabulous as always! I'm leaving tomorrow for Blanding to spend a few days with Bev. I will email you when I get back.

Gretchen said...

This post made me HAPPY! You are funny! You happy girl! The picture of the sister missionaries is cute...you have some cute sisters there! I love the pictures in the "Jackson Hole" town. It looks BEeeeauiful there! We will have to go there on our "adult" trip back to New Zealand! I am so glad you guys look SO HAPPY! Love you!

Debbie Parker said...

Oh my you are in a beautiful place. I REALLY want to visit you for so many reasons. I love all the pictures and details. You look happy and great. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Nancy you are so beautiful. You too Lonne. We miss you both at Resultz. The pictures are so wonderful. Love,Laurell and Blair.