Friday, September 19, 2008

My Friend, Jason


When I worked at the high school, I had a buddy, Jason Farnsworth. He loved cowboy stuff, especially Tim McGraw. Which is what brought the two of us together! We had "Tim" in common! Jason would stand outside my office and watch me through the window every day. His teacher wouldn't allow him to come into the office, so he was content to just stand in the hall and watch me. One day, Lonne came to the school to visit, and when Jason found out he was my husband, he went up and punched him in the guts! It totally took Lonne off guard! So we had to set some rules with Jason! After he graduated, he would call the school EVERY day just to say hi and to tell me that he loved me. He would always ask, "Do you still like Tim McGraw?" When I would come back from a long week-end or holiday, there would be at least 20 messages on my phone from Jason! He was my bright spot every day! If ever I had a bad day, I knew someone loved me, cute little Jason! Every year, at the Rodeo, Jason finds me! He stands above me in the SunBowl, or if there's room, he comes and sits with me. He found me again last night. He brought his buddy, Brady Christensen with him this time. Brady is the son of a Jessie Christensen, a guy I went to school with. Jason and Brady both have Downs Syndrome, and they are so awesome! They both make me smile just to watch them. I'm so glad Jason still finds me every year at the rodeo. I'm glad he hasn't forgotten me! He wants me to tell him my home phone or cell number, but I don't think that's a good idea! He told me he misses me, so I told him he could always count on me to be at the rodeo. He smiled from ear to ear! So...if you're at the rodeo Saturday night, you will see me in the middle of my two favorite guys...Lonne and Jason!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason likes Garth Brooks, not Tim Mcgraw!!!! Get it right! haha Looks like you had fun! wish we could have joined ya!