Me and Shan with our Medals!
Swiss Days was so fun this year....it was all held down in the Valley at the new Office Building just around the corner from us! It was great! We didn't have to find parking! The 5K race was also down in the valley, and we've made it a Gubler family tradition to run in it. We ought to run it a few times prior to the race to get in shape, but no, we all got together two nights before just to make sure we could actually run it without passing out, and then we all met at the race and went for it!! I started out with everyone, but little by little, I got slower and slower. Luckily, Heather ran at my pace and we stayed together the whole time. Thank you Heather!! Devan came in first for our family, with Lonne and Dave coming in after him, and then Gretchen....she is a little speedster! Then Lexie, and last but not least....Good ole' mom and Heather came rolling in with everyone cheering us on!! There is a benefit to being the last one in from the family, cuz then they all cheered for us and took pictures!! There were actually a few in our extended family who came in after us, but I think they might have walked part of it! Ha! But...I did place second in my division (because none of the fast runners showed up)!!! After the race we had a yummy breakfast at Swiss Days and stayed for the fun parade...Cam and Abbie were both in it. Abbie was with her singing group. and Cam was with his primary group dressed like pioneers.
We had a fun time! Heather had the greatest comment while we were running....I was pooped out and turned to her and said, "Why are we doing this?" and she said, "Because WE CAN!!" and that is exactly right....we are just thankful that we CAN run a 5K! I can guarantee I will never be running a marathon! I don't even know how people do it!! Ha! Debbie Hartman nailed it on the head when she said, "There are runners, and then there are cheerleaders to cheer them on....and I make a great cheerleader!" Amen to that, Debbie!!
Swiss Days was so fun this year....it was all held down in the Valley at the new Office Building just around the corner from us! It was great! We didn't have to find parking! The 5K race was also down in the valley, and we've made it a Gubler family tradition to run in it. We ought to run it a few times prior to the race to get in shape, but no, we all got together two nights before just to make sure we could actually run it without passing out, and then we all met at the race and went for it!! I started out with everyone, but little by little, I got slower and slower. Luckily, Heather ran at my pace and we stayed together the whole time. Thank you Heather!! Devan came in first for our family, with Lonne and Dave coming in after him, and then Gretchen....she is a little speedster! Then Lexie, and last but not least....Good ole' mom and Heather came rolling in with everyone cheering us on!! There is a benefit to being the last one in from the family, cuz then they all cheered for us and took pictures!! There were actually a few in our extended family who came in after us, but I think they might have walked part of it! Ha! But...I did place second in my division (because none of the fast runners showed up)!!! After the race we had a yummy breakfast at Swiss Days and stayed for the fun parade...Cam and Abbie were both in it. Abbie was with her singing group. and Cam was with his primary group dressed like pioneers.
We had a fun time! Heather had the greatest comment while we were running....I was pooped out and turned to her and said, "Why are we doing this?" and she said, "Because WE CAN!!" and that is exactly right....we are just thankful that we CAN run a 5K! I can guarantee I will never be running a marathon! I don't even know how people do it!! Ha! Debbie Hartman nailed it on the head when she said, "There are runners, and then there are cheerleaders to cheer them on....and I make a great cheerleader!" Amen to that, Debbie!!
3 comments:
Nancy I just love your blog. As I have told you forever, you have an amazing family. Thanks for sharing your family and yourself with the rest of us...
Go Gublers!!!
Go Swiss Days! I love that they moved it right by you and my mom. I missed it this year, but next year we should all get together and make a float for all of the kids to ride. I'm so proud of you for running! I too make an excellent cheerleader. :)
Go Gublers...Go Gublers...Is that a good enough cheer? You guys are great and OH SO MOTIVATED. I wish I had your energy. I would have been your "extended" family and walking, coming in last place! It looks like you all had a great time, and something FUN to blog about. I too love your blog.
Post a Comment