Tuesday, November 25, 2008

First Thanksgiving Away from Home.....

We flew to Iowa yesterday to be with Mitch and Robyn for Thanksgiving.  This is the year that Gretchen and Lexie will eat with their in-laws, so we wanted to make sure our college kids had a Thanksgiving dinner!! Lonne and Mitch are out pheasant hunting today, and Robyn is working, so I went grocery shopping!! I have never made the WHOLE dinner for Thanksgiving, so I hope everything turns out ok......I'm a little worried about the pumpkin pie!! We invited some of Mitch and Robyn's friends to come over for dinner (Kim Smith and her husband Jason, and little  Kallie...I don't know Kim's married last name!) We'll have a fun day...Our first one away from home!! It's freezing here, and they are saying this is the warmest day in weeks!!! My nose and feet can't get warm!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all of our friends and family and to all of you blog stalkers out there!!  

4 comments:

Kassi said...

Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving! :)

Melanie Spendlove said...

What a great way to spend Thanksgiving. It's great to have the kids come home, but I'll bet they love it just as much (if not more) when you go visit for a holiday. All of you have a Happy Thanksgiving, and we want to see and hear all about it on your blog. Good luck with the dinner - I bet it will be fabulous!!!!

Lainee said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am sure it is going to taste great!

Jennifer L said...

I miss you! Just knowing you are so far away and not coming to my house tomorrow for Thanksgiving makes me sad :( I know Mitch and Robyn are so excited to have you there with them though. I hope your dinner turns out great, and that you don't work too hard! Love and miss you! Happy Thanksgiving!